JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I've searched through a lot of forums on this but never really found an answer. My local dealer is awful, so I'll toss this out about my 08 JK: My dome light, hazard lights and ESP switch all cratered in the last few days. Looks like moisture might gotten in and fried my dome light assembly and wire harness.

1. My 15amp M20 fuse definitely blew and putting in new one fries it immediately. I've done no recent mods on lighting or wiring (though I had to have a water pump replaced about a week ago).
  2. I've cleaned the hazard panel switch in lower dash panel (it wasn't gunky, sticky or extra filthy);
  3. Turn signals work -- everything else works -- just fine.
  4. Can't find any other fuses blown (I'm working my way through); and,
  5. My hair is thinning far too quickly for my comfort (nothing to do with the JK, though).
I'm hoping someone has gone through this and found a "cure," before I a)install new dome light and b)run crying to a lousy dealer maintenance shop for a top-dollar fix. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I am not saying this is the cause; correlation is not causation. The multifunction switch and interior lights went wonky when my tipm failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, that's crossed my mind. I've got a week before inspection. Guess it's time to dig deeper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts