JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sweet. We aren't waiting in line but we'll be making the rounds at midnight.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Fuck Black Friday. Run all over like a chicken with its head cut off to save a $100. :beer:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuck that Jäger shit, it's for my neice's jäger bombs. I finished the Captain and Dr. Pepper now I'm working on Evan and coffee.

It's forty fuckin' degrees here.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
You're nuts man.:beer:

·
Registered
817 Posts
We already got the bissell vac and Paula deen 20pc set for my wife at Walmart at 10pm. That being said, I see why people get shot/stabbed/trampled. Some crazy ass women out there. But we saved like 150-200 bucks so yay I guess.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll call it a success. We were in the first 40 in line and they were letting 30 in at a time in 15 second intervals. We were only there for the Just Dance 3 game for $39, the kids' nightvision goggles and the $20 iTunes card.

My neice scored big. She got the XBox/Kinnect combo with the free games.

·
Registered
478 Posts
F, that Black Friday crap. Just loaded up the Jeep, for a two night, three day,and 300 mile off road camping trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. You women have fun at the mall, me and my son are going camping.:thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Seen one heated argument so far...

Woman 1: "Watch where your walking stupid bitch!"
Woman 2: "What?"
Husband: "YO BITCH, DON'T TALK TO MY FUCKIN WIFE LIKE THAT, WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. WHY DID YOU CALL HER A STUPID BITCH?"

Woman 1 scared out of her fucking mind

Woman 1: "Uhh I call everyone a stupid bitch"
Husband: "SO YOU CALL YOUR CHILDREN STUPID BITCHES? WHAT A GREAT MOTHER YOU ARE, FUCKING IDIOT."
Woman 1: "blahblahblah" interupted...
Husband: "NO YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH."

Woman 1 runs to the front of the store, told a manager and ran out of the store.

First and last time I'm doing this shit.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Went to Walmart for the midnight electronics sale to get my boy a 17" laptop. They only had 30 from the paper ad so we got in line at number 25 at 9:30. 2.5 hours later got it and took another 30 minutes to check out!

The entire parkinglot was full. Crazy shit man.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
For some families, Black Friday is extremely important. There are a lot of people out there where for them the $100 they save on something "running around like a chicken with their head cut off," makes the difference between getting their children what they want for Christmas, or having to disappoint them on Christmas day. They'll brave whatever they have to in order to make it happen. I respect that.

Now, my wife and I don't have to shop on Black Friday. We could pay normal price for things and not have to really worry about it. But for us, Black Friday is like trophy hunting. Yeah, it's crazy, mobbed with people, and you spend a stupid amount of time wrestling and waiting in line, but it's kind of the starter gun for the Christmas season.

For example, we planned on getting our daughter a TV for Christmas, and we had been looking at a 32" at Best Buy for $239. We were at Walmart and the line for the $188 32" TV had about 13 people in it. They had 250 of those TVs, so we got in line and ended up with one. Score. Yeah, we would not have had any problem paying for the $239 one, but hell, we were in the right place at the right time and spent $50 less.

If you've never done Black Friday, and you went to Walmart for your first time, you probably said you'll never do it again.

Walmart is the purest of insanity on a Black Friday. It's a free-for-all. They don't do much for crowd control, the items are already on the floor, so everyone camps out until the time it's released, and then when that time hits... BOOM... it's a grab-and-dash.

It's really fucking nuts, and if you aren't prepared for that, it's going to turn you off to Black Friday. It's a little too riot-esque for a lot of people. I, personally, like it.

You wait there with the people, talk to them about their Black Friday/Holiday plans, chat about your Thanksgiving, and then you go into battle with them.
You get hooked up that way. My wife was in line for the TV while I was around the store for other stuff we were interested in. People who were in line with her were bringing her stuff, and people in front of me at the pile of printer/faxes I wanted slid one back to me when the melee started.

Target and Kohls are the stores I recommend for first time Black Friday shoppers. It's far more chilled out than Walmart since they make everyone wait outside and then only allow so many in (20 or so) at a time.

I think it's great. This is my second Black Friday (my first was at Kohls and Target), and I'll keep doing it. We almost didn't go this year because of the hours the stores were opening, but I'm glad we did.

Hell, I'm going to hook up my new surround sound right now.

~SoCo

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ That's about right ^

My wife and I started doing it about 6 years ago. The first time we did it we already had our shopping done and we just went out to people watch. We got a few bargains, but for us it was just a way to spend time together.

The following year, we went to Target for specific stuff. Waited in line and calmly made it to where we needed to go. We left there and went to Wally. Never again!

You're right. You spend 6 hours in the cold with total strangers and you can't help but feel a sense of community. A small gesture like like buying a person a cup of coffee with no desire for any type of reciprocation feels good.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
More power to ya! I haven't seen any deals worth waiting outside for hours to get.

I went to Sears at 4:10 for an electric impact wrench and some new sockets.
I was very surprised to see that the guys are far more respectful/helpful to other guys than women are to anyone.
I seen 2 women fighting over 'walking in someones way' and guys actually helping/telling about the products and what they thought about them.

Strange world out there on Black Friday...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.