JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I adopted a Yellow lab yesterday. Does anyone have a tried and true harness to put into the back of a JK that does not have a rear seat in it? All of the safety harnesses I have seen are designed to push into the seat belt buckle. With out a rear seat I no longer have them as an option.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm interested in the same thing and have pondered way to do so.

Potential Plan A:
1) Take the bolts from the rear seats and find some big washers(maybe overkill) that will work with them.
2) Find a grommet that will accommodate the bolt diameter and press it into the distal end of the harness (homemade or bought-undecided).
3) Put the bolt with washer through the grommet and into a tub hole where the seat was.

Potential Plan B:
1) Loop the harness over top of rear Roll Bar (I have a 4door)

·
Registered
143 Posts
This certainly made me consider the safety of my dog which I ignorantly neglected while looking into harnesses. Good Looking Out.

Our dogs are treated like nothing less than family members in our house!:):)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most of which I have seen tie latch into the seat belt or connect to the child safety seat restraint tab. Both of which are removed when you pull the rear seat. What I am looking for is a belt sort of like a racing harness tie in to connect to the original seat tie down points. I did read and watch the report from JKCATZ. I feel attempting to provide protection for the new family member is way better then just not caring.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all, new member here. I was on the same situation a few months ago, after searching I found and bought a harness, which claims to be certified. I'm not allowed to post links because of my post count, but the site I got it from is: mightymitedoggear.com
As far as the latch goes, have you considered buying a replacement latch like the ones used on the TJs?, those are independent from the seat and could be secured using one of the seat bolts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts