JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since my little Radar is gone I needed to make a ramp for the big guy to get in the Jeep. He is 6 years old now and it's tough for him to get in and out of a tall Jeep. I made this ramp from scrap metal and wood laying around. I will get some better plywood but this is the design I came up with works good for him.

I used some bend tests from my students in my welding class for the hooks. Hinges on the legs let me fold it up but it's not exactly what I wanted but works just the same. Highway likes it much better for his older joints. Put a rubber mat on it and bam dog loading magic.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
I have to make something like this for my 7 year old boxer/Shepard mix. He still gets in just fine but it just seems like a matter of time before he hurts himself jumping out. Plus the new puppy is a French mastiff so he is going to need some help getting in and out when he reaches his adult weight of 120-140lbs. They usually ride in the very back of the four door so I was thinking of a drop down step that slides into the receiver and easily folds for storage in the jeep

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.