JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has made a platform for their pups so when your rear seats are folded down they dont fall into the gaps.? I'd like to make something that is lightweight and easy to remove and maybe soft and covered in carpet. I think maybe using some thin 1/4 inch plywood wrapped in a foam and then wrapped in carpet? Anyone do something similar or have any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just took an old futon mattress and threw it in there. I have a 160lb Great Dane and she can't push the mattress down between the cracks. And actually the futon mattress fits the back end really well.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
A cheap option would be to buy a roll of upholstery foam, wrap it in whatever fabric you want (or a pillow case), and stuff it in the gap. When I brought my basset hound on trips in my WJ, we just left the seats up, stacked luggage on the floor up tot he bottom of the seat cushion and put his bed on top... I'll probably just do the same in my JK.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I roll up some old towels and shove them in there, then throw a dog bed on top. The you also have some dog towels handy to dry off wet mutts when they happen to go swimming.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I made one using 5/8 ply to cover behind the driver seat when the split seat is down. I have a 3 year old kid that travels in a car seat in the center of the rear so cant fold the whole thing. Use a safari strap net as a divider from the kid, but have a dirtydog netting set for the rear, including divider between passenger and cargo area. I just use a deck chair cushion on top and it fits nicely bent up at front and rear. Durable and washable. Thats for my 65 lb Dalmatian. Way happier than he was in the rear.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am looking to build one too.

Let me know if you are going to. I wouldnt mind doing it at the same time, and have a house full of tools and saws.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/rear-seat-gap-cover-135053.html
That is pretty much exactly what I was looking to do. That's a great find. Thank you.

The only thing I'd do differently is I want it to be easily removeable and one piece.

Basically I wanted this http://www.mid-deck.com/ for a jeep. I made one of those back when I had my avalanche.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Gunny. Great find. I may just have to get that instead of building my own.

Edit: So upon further inspection of this there are still a lot of places for the dog to fall thru for example on the sides of the seats next to the door. I'm probably still just going to make my own. Maybe using a few sheets of cardboard, wrapped in styrofoam and then wrap it all in carpet making it one big light weight piece. If I ever get around to it I will post pictures.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i built something for my two door that fill in the rear footwells and gives me a storage area. pups love it for the extra room they get
Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts