JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***first post****

I have really enjoyed this forum for the past few years and seemed to find any info I was looking for until now. I need a seat lowering kit. I'm tired of hitting the top of my head on the sound bar at the slightest bump. I need the seat to be about 2in lower to be comfortable. I have contacted several vendors with no luck.

Any info would be helpfull!

·
Registered
966 Posts
The seat is adjustable. You have it all the way down and still hit your head? I'm 6' and have mine all the way up and don't hit my head, how tall are you?

I havn't seen any seat lowering kits tho. Maybe fab one or buy a different "bucket" type seat to throw in.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wonder if you could have an upholstery shop re-foam your seat to make it thinner, so it would gain you some room. I don't know if that would make it uncomfortable though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonder if you could have an upholstery shop re-foam your seat to make it thinner, so it would gain you some room. I don't know if that would make it uncomfortable though.

Yeah I would hate to have to do that. I wouldn't hesitate to try something though. I love the Jeep but it really sucks when you hit a bump.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm 6'5" and have the same problem. As far as I know, there aren't any kits available to lower the seats, and looking at the mounting brackets, I don't think you could modify them to lower them. The inside "legs" of the mounts aren't very long to begin with. I felt like I had more room in my TJ than I do my JK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts