JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the plastic one on my 07 Sahara, it just feels cheap, and when you're driving a manual transmission you obviously touch it a lot.

I don't want a rock, a grenade, or a chunk of metal with rubber on it, but that's all I seem to be able to find on the internet.

If anyone has found a nice leather one, let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You can get universal ones but in my experience they never stay put. Is the JK shifter threaded?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wow I just tried searching for one too and came up empty handed. I wonder what the thread pitch is on the shifter? I'm sure its the same as another make and model. If you can figure that out you could cross reference it. Seems like an opportunity for someone to bring a product to market as well.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I'm 100% sure it's not threaded. My 08 was pressed on, it takes a good pull to pop off. Most straddle the console and pull, be careful of your face when doing it though, when it comes off, it comes off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have an auto, but I experienced the same thing with the transfer case knob. It takes a lot of pulling and you'll get hurt if you're not ready for the knob to give.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts