JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically want to see if this would be a product people would want.

This is a shock absorber bar pin. We already do these for the TJ and XJ. Typically, cross pins are made from tube, and over time rust and break.

These are made from solid stock, and zinc plated so they last and they're durable. Also because they're solid, the mounting surface is a little thicker and typicall you gain about 1/4" of shock length because of it.

So, chime in. I've got the powers that be ready to build them, and if they're desired, I'll get the ball rolling so that you'll be able to get them from any WP dealer.

They won't come with hardware, as the factory stuff is metric and threaded into the body of the Jeep.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yes indeed they would be a great upgrade, Gee, why they don't put this great stuff on at the Plant, I'll never know.....Yes, I would purchase these right now. Well, send me a set yesterday.:D

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
This is for the rear uppers, correct?

The rolled steel type stuff that's typically used also flexes really bad and can get stressed easily while offroad.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for the rear uppers, correct?

The rolled steel type stuff that's typically used also flexes really bad and can get stressed easily while offroad.
yes, rear uppers.

And Paragon is absolutely right, that's another bad side to the normal rolled steel stuff.

·
14ers
479 Posts
I'm in !!

I've broken the rolled upper anchors on my Ford before.
(What's that bangin' around back there?) :shaking:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in ... so when does production start ?
Part # is 98. Getting some orders in on them will actually speed up production on them. If there's no orders pending, there's no rush, sadly.

I'll get some info on purchasing and such sent to you tomorrow when I am back in the office.

JR

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Placed order. Thanks!:bounce:

So when do you estimate shipping? Poly will be shipping me some new shocks and it would be nice if I can do both at the same time. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can only estimate about 2 weeks turnaround (zinc plating takes a week turnaround usually), but more like 3 because next week is SEMA which means none of us in the shop.

After that, first batch will be in, which means they'll be in stock so turnaround will be quicker.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I have JKS bar pin eliminators on mine, but they are the ones for racing shocks and required the stock captive bolts to be removed. The JKS regular bar pin eliminators will fit a JK.

Another problem with the stock ones is that the shock slides on the bar and if you have a frame mounted track bar bracket, the shock may make contact with it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts