JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you remember your first computer game?
We got an Apple II+ many, many years ago... the screen was monochromatic green (not even B&W) The first games we had were Night Driver and eventually the first version of Castle Wolfenstein and Miner 49er.

Oh the challenge of going hitting the left arrow or right arrow to keep it between the lines...

...almost forgot about Capture the Wumpus!

Does this next one bring back any memories?

who knows which game it was?!?!?

...so what was your first?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember those...before I had a apple IIe I had a Vic 20 and had a game where you were a mouse and had to get all the cheese out of a maze before time ran out. You could only see a very small portion of the maze at a time.

I can remember some game I liked to play on my Apple that was like a Indian Jones game. You were down in a cave getting treasures and getting attacked by things. I can't remember the name of it though.

Medsker

·
Registered
630 Posts
I remember those...before I had a apple IIe I had a Vic 20 and had a game where you were a mouse and had to get all the cheese out of a maze before time ran out. You could only see a very small portion of the maze at a time.

I can remember some game I liked to play on my Apple that was like a Indian Jones game. You were down in a cave getting treasures and getting attacked by things. I can't remember the name of it though.

Medsker
PITFALL!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
We got a Franklin Ace 2000 for Christmas in 1984. The first game we got was Chopper Attack (or something like that, it was a long time ago).

I'm still amazed at the games out now. I have a 12 year old son, and he laughs when my wife and I tell him about the "cool" games that we had when we were kids.

Pong was great! You had a choice of 4 games, but they were all the same!

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I remember playing some turn based computer game in the 7th grade where you sailed from country to country buying and selling goods.. was all text based but we thought it was the shiznit.

The first console game was probably space invaders on the Atari 2600... man I wish I could have those hours back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
PITFALL!!!
I actually had that game a few years later but this was before that. I did some research online and finally found it. It's called Aztec. This was the guys explainantion of it:

Aztec was the epitome of frustration. You controlled an Indiana Jones type archaeologist venturing into a dungeon to retrieve a sacred idol. There were lots of cool things you could do, like run, jump, use a knife, fire a gun, and light dynamite, but unfortunately the controls were complex and the character had an annoying habit of hitting walls or falling off of stairs and going unconscious. You’d then have to wait until he woke up, and sometimes he’d immediately stand up, hit his head, and fall unconscious again. So many times I’d get pissed and angry, yelling at a comatose green Indiana Jones stand-in while spiders and water filled up the room and he died.

Lesson Learned: Never play a game where the animation for “run” is basically “walk” sped up.

And a screenshot:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Pong... nuff said:bounce:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I remember playing Aztec, too. Those had killer graphics at the time!

We also had the choice between PONG and Hockey (the difference was PONG went left to right and Hockey went up and down.)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
good ole' organ trail :D

I remember breaking my leg 7 times, 3 time for the arm, and then died from being sick all with in a couple weeks (in the game time). What a sh!tty life

·
Registered
955 Posts
Pong, Intellevision, Atari 2600, 5200 then a TI-99 later on. Good fun back then. I think my favorite was Yar's Revenge on the 2600. Oh and who can't forget Contra, ABABupdownupdownstart...:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.