JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Jeep owner and thus am a new member to the forum. I have done plenty of reading up on here and everyone seems to be very well versed and I know I can trust y'all's take on my situation.

I just got a 2 door Sport and am looking to lift next weekend. I found a really cheap pair of 4 door springs with numbers much higher than what came on my Jeep and have ordered a Teraflex leveling kit. My question is if I will really need to get new shocks for this set up?

It will be a daily driver and will see some very light wheeling but nothing extreme.

I have looked around for this question to be asked already but came up empty so I am relying on y'all!!

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
11,420 Posts
You will need to see how much actual lift you gain and how much shock down travel you get. At the very most you would be able to get by with a set of shock extensions. You don't want to limit your suspensions travel by too short of a shock when it's extended, on or off road.

· Registered
11,420 Posts
What if I picked up a set of Rubicon shocks? Would that help out my situation without having to do the adapters?
If I recall, they are the same length, if they are..then no. I'd have to look to confirm that, if it wasn't 110* in my garage, I would.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ramnj, are your springs some of the higher number springs?? I think what came on my Sport stock were 13/54?? and picked up 18/59's so I know that will provide a decent amount of lift and I am worried that on top of the leveling kit the stock shocks may not cut it.

Also will the ride be compromised since my shocks wont be valved for springs that heavy?

· Registered
26 Posts
Ramnj, are your springs some of the higher number springs?? I think what came on my Sport stock were 13/54?? and picked up 18/59's so I know that will provide a decent amount of lift and I am worried that on top of the leveling kit the stock shocks may not cut it.

Also will the ride be compromised since my shocks wont be valved for springs that heavy?
Not sure what the spring numbers are, but they are the stock ones that came on the 07 Sahara. My ride was improved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.