JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these 30mm marine LED lights from oznium... After measuring it turns out they are the perfect size to fit into the two flat spots on the fender support. Having trimmed my fenders some time ago (and a few sets for others since then) it clicked that these might work for rock lights. I did a bit of measuring and the oznium light is 30mm in diameter. Perfect size for the fender supports. So, off we go...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics with my wife's camera. Switch panel was my mounting the 3 daystar switches on the a-pillar. Rewired my Rigid SR-50 to it as well. The pic with the NUCLEAR OR-Fab was with the flash (I put reflective orange tape under it...). There is one pic with the lights on with no flash then a compare of the SR-50 and the rock lights from the same spot. Getting night shots to do the lights justice is hard. There is also too much ambient light in the neighborhood for a good contrast pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure I can really get one that does it justice. I am no photographer and we had issues just getting a decent pic where the ambient light did not wash everything out. Let me check with a friend at work tomorrow and see if he can get a good pic sometime. There is some tire shadow but it does a pretty good job since they are angled out properly.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics of ground illuminated? curious to see how that location works out
Here ya go. The wife and I were into the wine tonight so they may not be the most "stable" pics around... It was hard to capture how wide the light pattern really is. The "warm" light is from the neighborhood light posts. Was a good bottle of merlot...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have been thinking of using those for rock lights. I have a couple wired under the hood and in my storage compartment in the back. They are freaking bright!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have to say, that looks great. PN for those lights??? If you only were to do one light per front fender, which location would you have chosen?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say, that looks great. PN for those lights??? If you only were to do one light per front fender, which location would you have chosen?

Thanks,
Brent
I don't have the part number. Just go to the oznium site and look at the marine lights. You cannot miss them. If I were only going one light per fender it would depend. If I had good flood illumination in the front it would be the rear position. If not, the front.

Next up is a Rigid 6 incher in flood patter on the back bumper. The OR Fab rear bumper has two bolts perfect for mounting it...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

These them? That's kinda high.....

Sent from my iBrick
Nope. They are
http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-light
These list at $18 each if you get 3 or more. I bet the ones you listed are really nice and bright. At that price though, they better install themselves and wash and wax my jeep when done. Oh, and bring me a cold one.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
They are priced better than the ORO ones that I got. I mounted mine lower on the frame by yours look very cool:beer:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought about looking for lower mounting points. The problem is trail dmg. I think that the underside of the fender support will be the safest place while still being effective. The spots they are mounted are a bit recessed due to their angle. This angle also works wel as it naturally points the lights outward. It was a very fun DIY project. Now that I am satisfied I will go back and solder the wires and setup a weather proof quick disco for the electrical connections to allow easy removal of the fender support. Sure wish I had replacement supports. Maybe I will see what I can get some for from the dealer... I would love to recut with the rock lights in mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts