JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the factory bumper off tonight and relocated the vacuum pump under the hood, already did the swaybar disconnect rotate so tomorrow I'll cut the frame and the crash bar so I can start laying out the fome cor mock up. I'll post some pics once everything is cut and mocked up.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Liking the set up here. Always wanted to do my own. Where did you get the steel cut? Did you mock it up yourself?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Mocked it up using foam board. Cut it by hand with a plasma cutter. Took about 35 hours to complete. Bought the stinger from JCRoffroad.com. Only spent about $120 on materials for a $525 bumper, but of course labor killed it.

Painted it last night with bedliner spray paint from home depot.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Any pics of it mounted? Front and side?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Give me a few minutes and I'll upload some more showing the skid plate underneath.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,957 Posts
Looks good! Labor is always the killer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! Labor is always the killer.
If I were selling it, I would have to charge at least $2,000 but since I enjoy doing this type of stuff and it only cost me $125 or so in materials I can't complain, plus I made some minor changes to the mounting, the skid plate and added the receiver hitch which holds my license plate for legal reasons and slides right out when I hit the trails.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If I were selling it, I would have to charge at least
HTML:
$2,000
but since I enjoy doing this type of stuff and it only cost me $125 or so in materials I can't complain, plus I made some minor changes to the mounting, the skid plate and added the receiver hitch which holds my license plate for legal reasons and slides right out when I hit the trails.
Thats a lot for a bumper, I really like the way it came out though. Where is that that you are wheeling at?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah the $2,000 was a joke just showing how much labor I had in it and the sentimental value of course...

those pics are at bridgeport

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made them from scratch, stacked two pieces of 1/2" and welded together. Everything was plasma cut and welded by me except that I bought the stinger from JcrOffroad.com

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
What all have you been doing to your jeep? Thought that I say it with a wrap on the ROTM? Had to look up your thread to see for myself!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts