JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out to the garage now. Instructions don't look bad - hope this works!

It's a package I bought from a shop on eBay. Basically it's all the parts from MOPAR but discounted to where it's cheaper doing it this way than paying for the option from Jeep.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Heading out to the garage now. Instructions don't look bad - hope this works!

It's a package I bought from a shop on eBay. Basically it's all the parts from MOPAR but discounted to where it's cheaper doing it this way than paying for the option from Jeep.
how did your install go? im thinking of buying one also :beer:

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I did the same install a few years back, it's pretty easy.

Remember to disconnect the battery for like 10 min to make sure the airbag is deactivated. The most difficult part is finding and manipulating the 3 hooks that hold the center piece to the wheel. I wound up using a stubby flat head screw driver.

Didn't have to have the ECM flashed either

·
Registered
586 Posts
I did the same install a few years back, it's pretty easy.

Remember to disconnect the battery for like 10 min to make sure the airbag is deactivated. The most difficult part is finding and manipulating the 3 hooks that hold the center piece to the wheel. I wound up using a stubby flat head screw driver.

Didn't have to have the ECM flashed either
:beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah I got the kit from Ebay also and did the install in like 20 mins after waiting 10 mins from battery disconnect for the airbag to discharge. The install was easy hardest part was the clips to remove the airbag. I had to bend one of my Snap-on screw drivers to get the clips.{OUCH}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts