JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody made their own? Doesn't look too hard to do....
I have some Steel laying around and am thinking cutting it into four 4 - 5" pieces, drill a hole in the middle, thread the hole in the rear spring mount and drill & thread the front mounts and fasten with some Bolts?
Any Ideas before I get into this?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Front ones are dirt cheap from RockKrawler... the rear shouldn't be too hard to make, a round piece of steel with a hole in the middle from what it looks like!

Let me know what you figure out, I need to make some rear ones here soon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think it is a great idea for the rear. I was thinking of the same design with a round 3/16" or 1/4" thick plate with a hole in the middle. Do you guys really think the front is necessary though? Especially if you have a good progressive spring that never un seats. My poly springs are that way at least. The front seems to have a bigger hump in the spring pad and the bump stop on the top. Seems pretty secure.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've only seen one pop out of the front so far, but they were FT springs. I think you'd be fine with progress rate springs, flex it out and see if they get loose at all, that'll be a good check!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.