JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just got back from Disney world. The provided input was extremely helpful. We had a great time there; I really enjoyed epcot and pleasure island. We ended up staying at the Polynesian. The grounds are really nice there, but I was disappointed in the quality of the rooms for the price they charge. Thank you again for all the help.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The best advice I can give you is go during the OFF SEASON! If school is not in session somewhere in the country (or even Europe), you don't want to be anywhere near the parks.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Just got back from Disney world. The provided input was extremely helpful. We had a great time there; I really enjoyed epcot and pleasure island. We ended up staying at the Polynesian. The grounds are really nice there, but I was disappointed in the quality of the rooms for the price they charge. Thank you again for all the help.
Yeah, that is one of the older hotels on the property. I really enjoyed the Grand Floridian when we stayed there in January. 'Ohana was really great food too.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
The poly was one of the original hotels opened in 1972 if my memory serves me correctly. For adults only youll probably breeze through thr magic kindom itself..figure a day or better for epcot as ypu can blow a day just in the world showcase

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
While at epcot I highly recommend taking the back scene tour at the world pavilion,if youre into hydroponic veggy growing. The test track is undergoing renovations so check when itll reopen...its a hell of a ride :beer:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Wait, what!? Pleasure Island how did I miss that? :)

Glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Get your mind outa the gutter Ruck.... It's disney :)

For the pleasure island you're thinking of in Otown look to S Orange Blossom Trail... For the :rainbow: folks look to the Parliament House :shitstorm:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
While at epcot I highly recommend taking the back scene tour at the world pavilion,if youre into hydroponic veggy growing. The test track is undergoing renovations so check when itll reopen...its a hell of a ride :beer:

The hydroponic stuff was pretty cool. Is was unfortunate to find out that the test track was down along with soaring.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, that is one of the older hotels on the property. I really enjoyed the Grand Floridian when we stayed there in January. 'Ohana was really great food too.
Ohana was always so packed that we couldn't get in there. We did grab steaks one night at the cafe that were pretty good. We also ate at fultons crab house in downtown disney one night; that place was really good.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Pleasure Island is a hoot. Just be aware of your surroundings....

I went to Pleasure Island on a Thursday night just to see what it was all about. 80's bar had a good crowd, got me a drink, walked down the street. Next couple places were kinda empty, the surf bar was pretty neat, but dead as a doornail. I walked across the street to the Hip Hop club, and that place was packed. After a few minutes I grew tired of watching a ton of wannabe white boys trying to act all "gangsta", so I walked over to the next place.

I go in there, and the music is loud, the place is packed out like a motherfucker. So I go up to the bar, get a drink, and turn around and lean back. The dancefloor was packed, and it rotated, so it was kinda cool. I looked around at everyone in the club, and there was a moment of realization.

This is the dialogue that went on in my head:

Man, this place is fucking packed. And there's a ton of chicks on the dancefloor... wait a minute... all the chicks on the dancefloor are dancing with each other... *looks around the place* And there's... a lot.... a lot of eyes on me right now....

The lightbulb went on and I went, "I'm OUT" and left that place with a smoketrail..

I shoulda known, I didn't look at the name of the place until later.. Mannequins. MANnequins. Shoulda fuckin known. I've never been eyehumped like that before, and I hope I never am again. And honestly, that was the day I made a direct effort to never eyehump women. If it's anything as uncomfortable as I felt that day, I don't ever want to to that to anybody else.

But still, place was fun.

Too bad Test Track was not working, but I sure hope you went on Mission: Space. That is one of the coolest non-coaster rides I've ever been on. You even get Lt. Dan along with it!

~SoCo

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.