JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like my wife really wants me to take her to disneyworld. Besides winning the half billion lottery, what additional advice do those that have been have? We were also looking at the Disney resorts last night too, but have not looked at pricing yet. I appreciate the assistance. :suicide:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World on Saturday, June 2, 2012.:thefinger:
haha..nice! that would have been awkward.

I have no kids, so it would just be the wife and myself. Her list of places to go include Universal Studios, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the African animal park.

Thank you all for the advice; I really appreciate it. With the places that I mentioned above that she wants to go, how much time to i need budget for each one? Is one day per area appropriate?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go buy the book "the Unofficial Guide to Disney World". http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disney-World-Guides/dp/111801233X

We read it before we went and it made a huge difference. Have a plan on what rides you want to hit and take lunch in with you each day. We would buy one snack in the park each day and only one lunch for the entire time we were there.

The book really gave us some great deals and told us which rides were the best, which ones sucked and the best times of each day to ride them. We maximized the number of rides we rode and minimized line wait times.

Have fun!
Just bought the book. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just got back from Disney world. The provided input was extremely helpful. We had a great time there; I really enjoyed epcot and pleasure island. We ended up staying at the Polynesian. The grounds are really nice there, but I was disappointed in the quality of the rooms for the price they charge. Thank you again for all the help.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
While at epcot I highly recommend taking the back scene tour at the world pavilion,if youre into hydroponic veggy growing. The test track is undergoing renovations so check when itll reopen...its a hell of a ride :beer:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
The hydroponic stuff was pretty cool. Is was unfortunate to find out that the test track was down along with soaring.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, that is one of the older hotels on the property. I really enjoyed the Grand Floridian when we stayed there in January. 'Ohana was really great food too.
Ohana was always so packed that we couldn't get in there. We did grab steaks one night at the cafe that were pretty good. We also ate at fultons crab house in downtown disney one night; that place was really good.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.