JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to disable the TCM down-shifting when you completely floor it in auto-stick mode? It drives me crazy. I've heard rumors that an HPTuners might be able to do this, but I'd rather not buy one just to find out.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Has anyone managed to disable the TCM down-shifting when you completely floor it in auto-stick mode? It drives me crazy. I've heard rumors that an HPTuners might be able to do this, but I'd rather not buy one just to find out.
I'm no help but, have you checked out the HP Tuners forum? I've only read in the LS sections, but it's pretty good.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can report back that indeed HPTuners allows you to do this. It is completely worth $400. It makes it so incredibly fun to drive without having to worry about whether you're feathering the throttle hard enough to make it downshift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can report back that indeed HPTuners allows you to do this.
Old thread I know, but can I ask how you did this?

I have tried to stop downshifting in autostick without success. It will consistently downshift when "Trans Pedal Position" is 98% (around 2.3v from the TPS).

I tested these changes one by one with WOT enabled, auto upshift = disabled and autostick wot = disabled

1. disabled 531 WOT = no change. I believe this flag just switches between using regular shift tables and WOT shift tables rather than disabling the WOT downshifting.

2. WOT = enabled, set 5706 Enable Pedal to 40% = no change. I expected it to downshift earlier, but if what I think about #1 is true, it does not make any difference.

3. set 46018 WOT downshift speeds to 10 mph. This actually did stop the trans downshifting in either normal or autostick, but then trans would the end up in 5th and would never downshift in either normal or autostick. Even going to P and back it would stay in 5th.

4. made regular downshift tables use the same rpm from about 40% throttle upwards. This would still downshift but was then was reluctant to upshift.

After writing this I'm going to re-test with autostick wot = enabled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
old post ok , but i have Hptuner for TCM tuning , and no ........they can't disable , probably i'm able to do with WinOls and I try tomorrow

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old thread I know, but can I ask how you did this?
old post ok , but i have Hptuner for TCM tuning , and no ........they can't disable , probably i'm able to do with WinOls and I try tomorrow
You can (mostly) do this in HPTuners. Below 2000RPM I've not gotten it to work, it still downshifts. That's sort of nice though as when you're that low you probably do want it.

Above 2000RPM, you can put your foot on the floor in manual mode with no down-shift in any gear by doing this:

531 WOT: Disable
529 Autostick Auto Upshift: Disable
530 Autostick WOT: Disable
In Shift Scheduling, Performance tables, set every cell in 2-1, 3-2, 4-3, and 5-4 to maximum allowed value (tables 46002, 46004, 46006, and 46008)

·
Registered
3 Posts
no need to do this , only need to set at 16 bit the Atostick at WOT and never downshit in Kick down ,Auto upshift set to zero and no upshift come in Autostick, but still working in 2wd and 4 low without losing this function in all condition, now I'm workig to lock the Autostick in 4low for transform in a true manual , like you stop the jeep in 3rd low in Autostick.....and you need to not downshift and restart in 3rd gear , I'm able to do it , only need to fine tuning the break point in 4low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts