JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas style BBQ brisket, port ribs and beans. Should take about 7 hours :bounce:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
GRRRR....

I am 1200 miles away, And your tempting me to drive over there!

It's not nice to tease a fat man with good food! :laughing:

Make sure you get that recipe down to a science for when i arrive in July! :beer:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Funny this thread just came up...after 40+ years of using only charcoal for BBQ'n, I had a Weber Gas grill delivered yesterday, and after giving it a trial run yesterday, I finally have it figured out...this evening, the menu is:

Baby back ribs St Louis style cut
Beef skirt steak
Sauted Spring Onions, Red, Green, and Yellow Bell peppers
Freshed baked French bread
Home made Italian Sweet Sausage with fennel seeds
Baked Yukon Gold Potatoes with sour cream and chives
Oriental veggie mix
Home made potato salad with egg and mustard

with the exception of the potato salad and french bread, all of the above will be BBQ'd in my new gas grill...Hank Hill would be proud....:thefinger::beer::beer::beer:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
When I first saw this thread I thought it was some sort of invite to a bbq. Then I read farther, there is no invite...this is just a big :thefinger:

I think this in mean Alec

1 vote insta ban

BTW, good job man, looks like an amazing dinner. I was considering heading out to twin cone tomorrow to see if it has opened up yet. I still think it would be fun to to the mini bbq's out there and bbq next to those rocks below the peak sometime. Maybe we can get a few people together this summer and do that!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What time was it that you want us over?
Don't worry I won't tell WTF.
Check our social board, possible trip next Sunday?

:beer:
I can’t make next Sunday because I’m off to the Moab area again on Tuesday and need to pack. I can do something tomorrow. Actually Kathy and I are planning to find some mellow trails and just go exploring but I’m up for anything.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I can’t make next Sunday because I’m off to the Moab area again on Tuesday and need to pack. I can do something tomorrow. Actually Kathy and I are planning to find some mellow trails and just go exploring but I’m up for anything.
i was considering the same. I need to be back early, around 3-330. I was just going to check out twin cone see if the snow is passable yet. If you guys are considering exploring I am down with that. I mostly just want to get the dog some excersise really

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Since you posted too late for everyone to get there :)thefinger:), how bout posting that bean recipe?? It looks awesome. :beer:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made the bean recipe up and kinda winged it. They were really good and I had to look at the pic to remember what I put in them.

2 x 16 oz cans of pinto beans and 1 x 16 oz can of kidney beans (washed and drained)
16 oz can of tomato source
1½ cups of chopped onions (white)
8 bacon slices (chopped) and one un-chopped
4 tbl spoons of brown sugar
2 tbl spoons of minced garlic
2 tsp of chili powder
I jalapeño pepper sliced (I would have added more but we had non spicy food guest over)
¼ cup cider vinegar
2 tsp worcestershire source
1 tsp ground black pepper
A little salt

Put everything in a crock pot and leave on high for an hour then about 6 hours on low. The bacon completely disappears by the time there ready. These were some of the best beans I've ever had, this one is a keeper.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Very cool!
Can't wait to try it. :beer:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I gained weight just looking at those pictures! I sandwich does not satisfy anymore:shaking:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts