JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been hearing the rattle sound of metal on metal and finally located it the other day. It is coming from the mount location of the seat belt on the seat frame rail.

I removed the torx bolt and re-tightened it as tight as it will go, but there is still a bit of play in the mount. this is causing the rattle.

Anyone had this issue? know of a fix?

http://youtu.be/-d_izaQAq4Y

· Registered
331 Posts
It's probably not the seat belt. There is an noise that sounds like it's coming from the seat belt but it's the door. The fix is to wrap some black tape around where the door the latche. Two or three wraps will do it.

· Registered
922 Posts
i too have a seat belt rattle noise and also thought it was a loose bolt, but turns out to be a gap in the torx bolt and bracket. I noticed both sides have this gap but driver side is the loudest. i dont know if there was a plastic sleeve inside that wore out or something but its annoying.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i too have a seat belt rattle noise and also thought it was a loose bolt, but turns out to be a gap in the torx bolt and bracket. I noticed both sides have this gap but driver side is the loudest. i dont know if there was a plastic sleeve inside that wore out or something but its annoying.
wonder if a couple nylon washers would fix it?

I just took a quick video. once Youtube is finished processing it I will edit the first post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.