JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am real close to ordering a tire and wheel package.I am going with 35 12.50 17's I have limited it down to two tires...TOYO MT and KM2's. The price diff for a set of 5 is $389. I have heard nothing but great things about both but prolly a little better about the TOYO. My problem is on my YJ when i stepped up to 35's i got the heavy load range thicker sidewalls. And man that made the ride noticeably harsher even when I aired down to 21psi or so. I was told to let all the air out and drive them around (slowly so as not to break a bead LOL) to break in the sidewalls. Well I tried it and it didnt help.The little YJ was so light that the sidewalls barely did more then bulge out.They definately didnt look flat :shaking:. My question is i have heard that the Toyo are a high load range with very stiff sidewalls. And was worried that on my 2 door the ride would be rougher then with the KM2's. The $400 price diff is just low enough to keep the tires equal in my decision making but a rougher ride on top of the price diff would be a deal breaker.... ANY ADVICE

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had 37 toyo mt's on my old yj. i ran them @22psi on the street. 10-12 on the trail.
they are an excellent tire IMO. good ride on road, and killer off road. you have to find your sweet spot as far as tire pressure goes. as i said i ran @22psi on the street with the 37x14.50's i had.

martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts