JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I did search and had no luck. It's probably here somewhere but I can't find it so here goes. I just got some Riddler diff covers (VERY nice I might add) and installed the rear tonight. The fill hole is much higher than stock so I made a dipstick to measure the fluid at the same level as the stock hole. The FSM says the D44s take 4.75 pints rear and 2.7 pints front. Well I put 2qts Royal Purple in the rear and checked and it's already at the level of the original fill hole. WTF? Is the manual wrong? I know others have installed these covers so please tell me how much you used. I don't want to run it too low but I sure don't need it venting out all over either. Thanks. :beer:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Do you have a lift, if so your pinion is rotated and the original fill hole will no longer be high enough to get 4.75 pints in.

If you are only running 4 pints in the rear it is very likely that your pinion may not be getting lubrication.

I run 7.5 pints in the rear, and 4.75 pints in the front, with Riddler diff covers. I have 4.5" of lift and the rear pinion is rotated up about 10°.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
BTW Never had any venting issues on the rear, but have on the front. 5 pints is too much at the front and it vents out the hose. 4.5-4.75 pints causes no issues for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts