JKOwners Forum banner

Diesel Swap kit

29K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  jdemonto 
#1 ·
Check out this new Diesel conversion.....

Jptrails.com

If your like me and love Jeeps but want economy your not alone. I have been searching high and low but with little support from after market companies doing your own swap could me a nightmare! Now there is a solution...HPA Motorsports. Hpa motorsports will be offering TDI conversions for the CJ/YJ/TJ in the very near future. There are many versions of the TDI and if you want simple you can convert a electronic diesel back to mechanical pump injection meaning fewer wires and no computers. The TDI typically produces 90HP/178Ft Tq which may not sound like its enough to switch to a TDI conversion. A simple turbo upgrade or intercooling can net 100-150Ft Tq so now the upgrade has your attention. I am pretty familir with the TDI motor since I owned a 2005 Jetta PD TDI which I never got below 42mpg on average, my best tank being 47 1/2mpg. Now we're talking about Jeeps and they are not designed to get into the 40's....maybe the 30's..maybe. I am sharing a company newsletter which I recently received and wanted to share. Also if your going to Sema the project YJ test Jeep will be there TBA.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

The past several weeks have been busy ones as our team has been working aggressively to finalize tooling and fitment for the Jeep TDI conversion while at the same time, augmenting our YJ’s running gear with a variety of upgraded parts.

To ensure our YJ was up to the task of transmitting the torque and HP of our TDI swap, both the Dana 30 and 35 axles have been torn out and beefed up. Precision Gear was called upon to outfit these small pumpkins with 4:10 gears and Alloy USA delivered unbelievable axles. The quality of these parts builds back our confidence in these OEM axles.

We have made some minor adjustments to our initial engine mounts to facilitate a seamless integration with the OEM rubber mounts. We have elected to supply a ready to install flywheel along with heat shields for the starter to protect it from the downpipe. Lastly, the downpipe has been re-routed to ensure it mates with off the shelf 2.5” exhaust systems. In our case, a Magnaflow has been strapped to the underside of the YJ.

Our Stage 1 Grouping is now finalized and is targeted to the “Do It Yourself” enthusiast. Take a browse through the product photo gallery to see detailed pictures of the installation. Note: Our engine mounts can either be bolted in or welded on. The installation images showcase the installation using the supplied bolts. Minor clearancing is required on the AX-5 bell housing to accommodate Bosch starter nose

The Stage 1 adapter set is as follows:

• CNC flywheel/crankshaft adapter
• CNC bell housing adapter plate
• Left and Right Male / Female engine mount set.
• (OEM jeep rubber mounts not included)
• Downpipe
• CNC machined Starter flange and heat shields
• (Bosch Starter not included)
• Flywheel and Crankshaft bolts
• Dowel pins for bell housing
• Turbo outlet adapter

Also included is a short OEM parts list to identify starters, engines etc. required for a successful conversion.
Stage 1 package $2599 USD

Our Stage 2 package’s intake track has been finalized. An air to water intercooler has been configured to optimize the space available under the hood, and sustain charge air cooling during low speed off-road applications. With off-road low gear terrain, air to air cooling intercooling as the factory TDI’s are equipped was simply not a good fit. Using a stand alone closed loop water system, our secondary radiator, cooling fan, pump and after cooler can maintain a steady state air intake charge best suited to feed our high torque output.

Our Jeep is bound for a debut at this years SEMA show. Once we return, we will develop the AX-15 adapter for late November release.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.