JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a "Uniform traffic ticket" from a "[email protected]".... looks like someone has a virus! And the instructions on the "ticket" said "TO PLEAD, PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM HALL., PO BOX 117". Heh.

The mesage header said it DID come from nyc.gov which would make it semi believable:

Received: from nyc.gov ([167.153.240.51]) by 2.185.118.62; Wed, 03 Aug 2011 10:02:32 +0430

The date of the "offense" was July 5th.... when I was baking my brains on Galveston beach with my lawyer friend. Double heh.

The attachment came as text. Where.... TADA! we find that the spammer screwed up his attachment: "Ticket-064-2011.exeì"

*holes. DIE SPAMMER DIE!

Speaking of which two spammers in two days also on JKO seems a little odd to me. They getting more active?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I probably kill off one spammer a day on average....some days none....some days = 3-4. I do what I can to boot 'em off pretty quick.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probably kill off one spammer a day on average....some days none....some days = 3-4. I do what I can to boot 'em off pretty quick.
To which... THANK YOU!

:beer::beer::beer::beer: (I'd be on the floor... I'm a three beer drunk. Makes me a cheap date, no?:shaking:)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Dont worry man some of my best memories are from vancuver bc that was the weekend getaway when i was stationed in seattle

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
That's AWESOME!

Funny, I got an email about the same sort of thing from an address puporting to be the port autority of NYC.

I was about 500 miles south of NYC at the time, so I just sent it to the round file. Spammers bring teh suck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts