169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know?

I didn't know!

How could we?

Did you know that 47 countries' have

Reestablished their embassies in Iraq ?

Did you know that the Iraqi government

Currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know

That 3100 schools have been renovated,

364 schools are under rehabilitation,

263 new schools are now under construction;

And 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know

That Iraq 's higher educational structure consists

Of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers,

All currently operating?

Did you know

That 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in
January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know

That the Iraqi Navy is operational?

They have 5 - 100-foot patrol craft,

34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know

That Iraq ' s Air Force consists of three operational squadrons,

Which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft

(under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night,

And will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know

That Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know

That the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000

Fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know

That there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq

That produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks?

Did you know

There are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ?

They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals,

83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities

And 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know

That 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5

Have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know

That 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know

That there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq

And phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know

That Iraq has an independent media that consists of

75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know

That the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know

That 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a
Televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country,

We get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib

And people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive

In Iraq serves two purposes:

It is intended to undermine the world's perception

Of the United States thus minimizing consequent support;

And it is intended to discourage American citizens.

Above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.

http://www.defenselink.mil/

Did you know?

Why I didn't know

But I know now.....

.......Pass it on! Give it a Wide Dissemination!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Good job Dog...unfortunately, we have a few couch potatoes here with big boy toys who haven't the foggiest about duty, honor, and country, who make sport of demeaning our men and women in uniform, and who feel that because they "think" the war is not a "good" war, they're not gonna' serve ...Bravo Zulu.....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Good job Dog...unfortunately, we have a few couch potatoes here with big boy toys who haven't the foggiest about duty, honor, and country, who make sport of demeaning our men and women in uniform, and who feel that because they "think" the war is not a "good" war, they're not gonna' serve ...Bravo Zulu.....
I don't believe most are demeaning to the men and woman in uniform, but the expense of the war. Mostly the civilian contracts that we are paying for. Our own congressman are getting very rich off these contracts because they invest highly in the companies that have the contracts.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't believe most are demeaning to the men and woman in uniform, but the expense of the war. Mostly the civilian contracts that we are paying for. Our own congressman are getting very rich off these contracts because they invest highly in the companies that have the contracts.
Don't sweat it, it's the "us-against-them" tactics of partisan politics. If you're not for paying Cheney's friends billions of dollars in no-bid contracts to go build an empire somewhere, you must be a flag-burning allah-praising commie sicko-pinko democrat bastard who wants us to worship the great rising golden star of china while kissing the feet of bin laden.

They never did spend much time differentiating "nationalist" and "patriot" in school. Then again, such logical thinking really gets in the way of social control for profit. Better for joe citizen to hate joe citizen for having a different point than to have the two joes teaming up against the corrupt politicians.

!c

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
a whole lot of words when one shall do....cowards.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I hope Dustoff is not referring to all of us who did/do not serve as cowards...
Only if you buy that BS spin crap spewed by jkdrone...over the decades, I have found that the most fervent anti-war, anti-military, anti-establishment crews put a negative spin on everything and anything relating to service to our country...it's a smoke screen that merely hides their own cowardice...it has nothing to do with patriotism or nationalism, or whether Cheney and his thugs are making money at the expense of young American lives...it has everything to do with gratitude to a country that gives us what no other will or can...now, are you one of them?;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Only if you buy that BS spin crap spewed by jkdrone...over the decades, I have found that the most fervent anti-war, anti-military, anti-establishment crews put a negative spin on everything and anything relating to service to our country...it's a smoke screen that merely hides their own cowardice...it has nothing to do with patriotism or nationalism, or whether Cheney and his thugs are making money at the expense of young American lives...it has everything to do with gratitude to a country that gives us what no other will or can...now, are you one of them?;)
Roger that. Have not served but I support. I tend to stay out of the debates of war because to me it doesn't matter what the political parties are saying, we are there, our troops need our support, like it or not.

My father asked me not to go into service unless it was the last possible option. I figured I would honor his request although every now and again... He was a Marine in Vietnam.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I served, 20 years and i still think this war is wrong. The original intent i believe in but that was afganistan becasue the taliban and bin laden.. In Iraq it is bush just finishing what his father wouldn't do. So does that make me a coward??

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I also served, and I am completely against this war. It has nothing to do with supporting troops and everything to do with the bull**** reasons they give for being there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rather than resorting to the ad hominem attacks which you have shown a certain predilection towards, perhaps you can enlighten us all as to exactly where in my post I said anything about being anti-war or anti-establishment.

Perhaps if you go back and carefully read my post, you'll find that I was specifically speaking towards the speech patterns which you have represented here.

I'll give you some hints:

1: The fact that you assume so much about me without having a single iota of information about my service record, voting record, or, in fact any aspect of my life - labeling me a coward and "all that is wrong with this country," [sic] is an attempt to subvert any real discussion on the matter. Perhaps next time you might ask me how I work every day to protect people, most likely including you specifically, from very serious threats, both foreign and local.

2: Millions of dollars are spent every election cycle to craft words in such a way as to subvert any logical thought and encourage you to mis-place any concern you have towards the direction of this country to your fellow citizens, and not towards the leadership which is responsible for said direction.

3: The blind servitude of ideals over rational examination of cause, effect, and direction have been known as an effective tool of social control for over two thousand years. (ref: Chuang Tzu's Inner Chapters, writings attributed to Lao Tzu, other examples appear in Arabic teachings - if you like, I'd be happy to prepare a more complete list.) This form of social control has long been an effective means to oppress the people upon which it is applied. (I won't give examples here, lest I be accused of poisoning the well.)

And, finally, I hate to have to inform you of this, but your continued use of straw men and rhetoric un-related to the point being made does not make you appear to be intelligent, patriotic, brave, or in any way as cogent as you seem to believe you are. Consider it for a bit, but then again, you've yet to say a single thing on this board that in any way indicates an ability to give deep consideration to any view point that is not obviously and clearly part and parcel to your seemingly narrow view of the world. I would enjoy being proven wrong on that point.

So, if you'd like to engage in a rational conversation or a debate if you'd prefer that format, I'd be happy to join you. If you are not willing to spend the time to actually read and ingest the statements I make before responding with ad hominem attacks, then there's nothing more than can be had of this. However, let it be said, that just because I own a jeep does not make me willing to put aside my brain and follow like a little puppy.

!c

G

·
0 Posts
Rather than resorting to the ad hominem attacks which you have shown a certain predilection towards, perhaps you can enlighten us all as to exactly where in my post I said anything about being anti-war or anti-establishment.

Perhaps if you go back and carefully read my post, you'll find that I was specifically speaking towards the speech patterns which you have represented here.

I'll give you some hints:

1: The fact that you assume so much about me without having a single iota of information about my service record, voting record, or, in fact any aspect of my life - labeling me a coward and "all that is wrong with this country," [sic] is an attempt to subvert any real discussion on the matter. Perhaps next time you might ask me how I work every day to protect people, most likely including you specifically, from very serious threats, both foreign and local.

2: Millions of dollars are spent every election cycle to craft words in such a way as to subvert any logical thought and encourage you to mis-place any concern you have towards the direction of this country to your fellow citizens, and not towards the leadership which is responsible for said direction.

3: The blind servitude of ideals over rational examination of cause, effect, and direction have been known as an effective tool of social control for over two thousand years. (ref: Chuang Tzu's Inner Chapters, writings attributed to Lao Tzu, other examples appear in Arabic teachings - if you like, I'd be happy to prepare a more complete list.) This form of social control has long been an effective means to oppress the people upon which it is applied. (I won't give examples here, lest I be accused of poisoning the well.)

And, finally, I hate to have to inform you of this, but your continued use of straw men and rhetoric un-related to the point being made does not make you appear to be intelligent, patriotic, brave, or in any way as cogent as you seem to believe you are. Consider it for a bit, but then again, you've yet to say a single thing on this board that in any way indicates an ability to give deep consideration to any view point that is not obviously and clearly part and parcel to your seemingly narrow view of the world. I would enjoy being proven wrong on that point.

So, if you'd like to engage in a rational conversation or a debate if you'd prefer that format, I'd be happy to join you. If you are not willing to spend the time to actually read and ingest the statements I make before responding with ad hominem attacks, then there's nothing more than can be had of this. However, let it be said, that just because I own a jeep does not make me willing to put aside my brain and follow like a little puppy.

!c
I couldn't agree more! Excellent and thank you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've been in Iraq for over a year. We have done some good things here. The quality of life for the Iraqi people has improved drastically. Although, change here happens slowly. If you were to come here for a few months, you wouldn't notice anything different between the time you arrived and the time you departed.

Part of the problem is the citizens here have lived in such a government controlled society for so long, they're not quite sure what to do with their new found freedoms.

Like it or not, we depend on the countries in the Middle East. If you don't believe that, then go take a look at the gas prices at your local service station. Iraq was a threat to the region, and therefore a threat to us. I believe we did the right thing by going to war with Iraq.

HOWEVER...

The way this operation is being conducted is wrong is so many ways. You would be floored if you knew of the fraud, waste, and abuse that was going on here. That there has not been a congressional hearing on some of the things going on here is astonishing. I can guarantee you that if the public knew of the things I know of, they're be a massive call for the withdraw of our troops...ASAP! I cannot get into specifics, so it's hard to explain this.

I hold the position of a GS12, which is the equivalent of a Colonel in the military. In fact, that is who I had meetings with 3 times a week...the Colonel responsible for this battle space. I'm not telling you this to make it seem like I'm "important", but so that you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

I had originally decided to stay here until March 2009. There are many reasons why I've decided to leave here (will do so next week). But, one of those reasons is that I can no longer participate in what I feel is a vast waste of our countries resources.

I have tried to change these things. I have written multi-page letters going into great detail what is wrong and how it can be better managed...yet, was never contacted about any of the things I discussed (this was a few months ago).

I've always had the thought that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. Those in a position above me are making decisions that I do not agree with, and since I don't have the power to change those decisions, it's time for me to leave.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't believe in the mission...I do. But, it needs to be handled correctly or we need to leave. Throwing money and resources at a problem is not going to solve the problem.

Lastly, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with not supporting our troops. I think I've show that I stand behind our troops 100%, and anyone who says/thinks otherwise should do a little homework before suggesting otherwise.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I also served, and I am completely against this war. It has nothing to do with supporting troops and everything to do with the bull**** reasons they give for being there.
what, you think that the murdering, genocidal hussein (the other hussein) should have been allowed to keep throwing mustard gas on his own countrymen?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i also suggest that all you liberal/marxists on here read the book "The Obama Nation" by Jerome R. Corsi, so that you can really find out who it is you are planning to vote for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts