JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your Jeep?
2010. I just spoke to a service adviser at the dealer. He said since the coolant I bought meets MS-9769 spec, I am fine. I didn't buy the generic all makes/models one. Since I just used some to raise the level from below minimum, it probably doesn't pay to drain the reservoir just to add OEM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You'll be fine. The biggest issue was with mixing green (ethylene glycol) and orange (Dexcool), as it can form a sludge that will clog your cooling system.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mixing coolants is never good. It can cause chemical reactions and sludge which cause a broken motor. This really is a big deal. We have replaced a few motors from oil change shops putting wrong stuff in for people to "top it off" sure it was the same color but what's in a color...? Nothing really. Need to read owners manual on this one. Don't trust anyone but the book. Seriously...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Google HOAT vs OAT coolant. Figure out what your jeep is supposed to have and what you put in. Then you will know if you screwed up. Never rely on colour alone.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I use a yellow coolent. Never had any issues o_O mine is a prestone brand yellow jug too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts