JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 JKU Sahara, Metal Cloak 2.5 lift
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a great deal on a set of 315/70/17 Dick Cepek Trail Country ATs from 4WD. They came out to $226 a tire after discounts were applied.

The tread looks pretty good (haven't been offroad yet). They seem pretty quiet and have good road manners but I've only had them on a couple of weeks. Is anybody else running these tires? If so I'd like to know how they perform offroad and how well the tread wears on the highway.

The pic is right after I had them mounted. I was checking my bump stops and rock rail clearance (need to trim the rear a little).

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Personally I'd have asked those questions before buying the tires.
That's probably why you see clusters of jeep friends with identical builds. One does something that works, so everyone does it.
I'm not sure that a 6" ramp is going to give you max flex with a MC lift, but you do you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I'd have asked those questions before buying the tires.
That's probably why you see clusters of jeep friends with identical builds. One does something that works, so everyone does it.
I'm not sure that a 6" ramp is going to give you max flex with a MC lift, but you do you.
Never said I was maxing out my flex. I'm checking the bumpstop to make sure I don't contact my fenders. I'm on the side of a hill in that pic so when I put a ramp under the driver rear and passenger front I can see how far the tire stuffs into the fender before it contacts the bump stop. MC recommended 3 pucks for factory fenders and they were pretty much spot on. Besides I've already checked the max flex when I had the 33s 😀

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured I would do an update on this post since I've put a few thousand miles on the tires and wheeled them a few times. Overall they have been great on the highway: no vibration, excessive noise, or funky wear patterns. I've been on a couple of 700+ mile road trips and they behaved very well. Off-road performance is good too for an all terrain. I've been on slick rock, clay, and swamp mud and they seem to handle really well for what they are.

Overall I would recommend them to anybody looking for an all terrain that works well on both the highway and the trail. The Dick Cepek brand got absorbed by Mickey Thompson this year so these are now the Baja Legend Exp. They changed the side lugs a little when they re-branded but the tread pattern is the same.

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts