JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a tuner, I have a 2010 JK Unlimited with 33s, MBRP exhaust and banks cold air intake, I'm looking for some additional mileage, better throttle response and like everyone elso more power off road. any input?? Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have not used the Diablo, but my superchips flashpaq improved the driveability of my rig immensely...helped with mileage a bit too, though I have not seen the results others have on that front...:beer:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i have used neither....

but...

having talked with several people who have used them, i'm biased toward the diablo tuners. been too poor to afford one for either of our vehicles, but thats on the list. they're working on adapting the Trinity for two-vehicle use as well. Plus, I hear more details of things going on with Diablo... the support they provide to the tuning market is impressive. You can make the tuning as simple or as complex as you desire.

I spoke to a rep from Diablo at Jeep Beach... which again solidified my preference.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
The predator is a great tool to use. Lots of adjustable parameters for the Jeeps. The Trinity has the same tunes and parameters but is more of a on the dash unit with gauges. Here is a list of parameters you can change.

Idle RPM Drive/Neutral, 04-2010
WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Rev Limit Drive/Neutral, 04-2010
WOT Spark 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Tire Size
MDS disable, where applicable
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Low Tire Pressure Threshold adjustment, where applicable
Electrnoic Throttle Sensitivity, where applicable
Read/Write time is approx 60 seconds
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Plus we now have the Throttle Booster and MPG Booster for this Jeeps!! This will allow you to get better fuel mileage and have a more firmer, more responsive feel to your throttle. We get a lot of great reviews form the jeep guys using a Diablosport.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the Diablo Sport (A recent addition) that has made a vast improvement in my supercharged JK. Mine came from HESCO (that created my supercharger kit). The performance tune load has made my vehicle a joy to drive again. It shifts like a normal vehicle now, the engine "feels" a lot more powerful, city street driven hills that used to cause a downshift (plus many times a TPS lightning bolt) now are driveable in 4th gear and I have yet to have my first TPS trip since the download.

I recommend it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Trinity

I got my Trinity last friday. I previously worked for a parts and accessory dealer so I have installed and played with about every programer/chip on the market, the Trinity by far one of the easiest to use and has a super fast download time compared to any other gas tuner I have used. The operating system is very user friendly, and the custom guage screens give you exactly what guages you want or need. I am very pleased with my Trinity it gave my Jeep some of the ass back it lost when I installed the 20 inch wheels and Nitto 35's.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I used the AEV Procal... should i be considering getting one of these???? will i benefit from it?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I used the AEV Procal... should i be considering getting one of these???? will i benefit from it?
Well the Procal doesn't do any performance tuning only tire size and only really basic functions that the Diablosport programmers and the Superchips programmers go well beyond providing.

I say either programmer will give you your moneys worth having rather than the AEV Procal

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
The predator is a great tool to use. Lots of adjustable parameters for the Jeeps. The Trinity has the same tunes and parameters but is more of a on the dash unit with gauges. Here is a list of parameters you can change.

Tire Size
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Plus we now have the Throttle Booster and MPG Booster for this Jeeps!! This will allow you to get better fuel mileage and have a more firmer, more responsive feel to your throttle. We get a lot of great reviews form the jeep guys using a Diablosport.
I like the sound of this!!!!

Sent via your mom :beer:

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you do not get TPS sensors installed in your new wheels and tires can you turn off the idiot light with either one of them?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

Tire Size
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Do you guys know what the commanded WOT spark is? IE 23deg, 21deg? How about the commanded WOT a/f ratio? I am about to order a predator and knowing these would help with tuning. The predator I used in the past, if I remember right, just had a percent change, and not the actual value.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Can this be used on more than 1 vehicle at a time?
IE...If I buy one and a buddy needs to use it after I do, can he or no?

I was told AEV Procal can ONLY be used on 1 jeep and cannot be used on another unless the jeep and it has been reset to default settings.

Thanks

The Superchips Flashpaq and the DiabloSport Predator are both excellent programmers. They are each very popular and have great community feedback. Honestly, you couldn't go wrong getting either programmer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts