JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the thefts of Jeeps I read about , is there a way other than the tracking and motion/ shock sensors to prevent of hinder actually having a crook drag a rig up onto a tow platform or truck by any manner of HD wheel lock or a chain run thru all wheels and lashed to a pole?

On overnight wheeling trips, I don’t wanna lay in hotel bed and jump up with a gun every noise instead of sleeping ...

Any way to prevent someone dragging a rig up onto a truck and stealing that I am unaware of? I know; dog , gps track, motion sensors , shock sensor , hood lock, kill switch .
I’d like to prevent ability to drag it onto a flatbed or tow away , if you follow.

...I guess I’ll get some 300lb test line and run it to my big toe?

Thanks

:jeep2:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
strategic parking. I traveled a lot and I mean a lot on motorcycles of all shapes and sizes and just made sure I parked where it was going to be difficult to steal them. I do the same with the jeep.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Rule #1 if they want it they are going to get it. You just have to make it more difficult for them. So try to park under lights and as close as possible to either your room or the front desk. Try to pick a "better" hotel instead of ones that rent by the hour.

As far as finding it after its gone, there is a lot more choices nowadays for ways to track your vehicle via gps. Also look at Ravelco, if it is gone they won't be able to start it. Which means gives you more time to find it.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rule #1 if they want it they are going to get it. You just have to make it more difficult for them. So try to park under lights and as close as possible to either your room or the front desk. Try to pick a "better" hotel instead of ones that rent by the hour.

As far as finding it after its gone, there is a lot more choices nowadays for ways to track your vehicle via gps. Also look at Ravelco, if it is gone they won't be able to start it. Which means gives you more time to find it.

how’d you figure-out I booked a three hour room in Bsac’s
Love Inn off highway 69? :grinpimp:

thanks and yes-sir, I got the “Find My iJeep” covered ( recall I’m a spooky nerd :wink_animate: ) but just keep imagining how I could hook up an extra battery to some capacitor that rendered a protection shield via wattage that would be a more fast acting than tracking deterrent...

Well lit , near room on ground floor and 15 Cor-Bon high velocity JHPs in .40 + fishing line around the toe it shall be , lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If mine got stolen I would just as soon they not find it. It is insured and I don't keep anything in it that I couldn't replace. I certainly would not shoot someone over my jeep unless my wife or dog were still inside (don't get me wrong I love my jeep) just not worth the legal hassle down the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If mine got stolen I would just as soon they not find it. It is insured and I don't keep anything in it that I couldn't replace. I certainly would not shoot someone over my jeep unless my wife or dog were still inside (don't get me wrong I love my jeep) just not worth the legal hassle down the road.
"kill" is a little harsh.
I'd certainly prefer to hold a friendly conversation first - over my rig -and then maybe just use testicular ,ballistic-assisted detachment once (or twice) before going to that extreme upon this hypothetical, tweaking, ne'er do well ...

you have every aftermarket part you've added covered by insurance/antitheft?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'd certainly prefer to hold a friendly conversation first - over my rig -and then maybe just use testicular ,ballistic-assisted detachment once (or twice) before going to that extreme upon this hypothetical, tweaking, ne'er do well ...

Nope just $5000 worth so it would be enough to get a good start on a new one.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Registered
663 Posts

LMAO :) But yep I have similar concerns, we stayed on a Motel 6 on the way to Pismo, and I parked the rig outside our window, but any close noise I was ready to rumble :0 the funniest thing and I kid you not, the guy downstairs brought his motorcycle into his room :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Enjoy and have fun with it. It can be replaced.
If you're going to worry all the time when you're out somewhere, you lose the fun factor.

I have a 68 Camaro I used to worry about all the time at cruise ins, shows, everywhere....then I was in a wreck (not my fault and was on a trailer) where I almost lost her by being almost totaled. She's be reborn, and I'm a little more loose with my grip and worries.

IF someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. You can not stop that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts