JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

We are proud to release our new "Diamondback" Tail Gate Carrier (Offroad use only). This is a direct bolt on kit and is constructed of 3/16 gauge sheet metal and powder coated with our two stage mini-tex black finish.

The Diamondback will come standard with the following features:
- Double Jerry can carrier capacity
- Hi-Lift Carrier
- Lock plate with integrated license plate carrier
- 1 Aux rear light bracket
- CB Antenna mounting tab

The price for this kit is $280.00 + shipping. For all JKO members we will be offering a limited time only discounted price of $250.00 + shipping until June 30th and for those of you who participated in the development we will be offering an addition discount of $15.00 for a total of $235.00 + shipping.

Note: This kit requires a 1/2 receiver hitch lock pin for the Lock Plate. There is also a tab on the lock plate for the installation of an LED to light the license plate - LED and wiring not included.

Thanks again for your interest. For orders please email us directly at [email protected] with your JKO user ID, full name, address and a contact number to arrange payment options.

Lock Plate Close-up (please note this pic does not have the license plate LED tab)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Shit guys. That turned out awesome. I just bought a snorkel from Marcus but ill see what happens next friday (payday) lol

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Where do I order?

Hi, this product looks awesome. Have you managed it in aluminum? Have searched the net and can't find a web site to order. Please tell me you can ship it to Australia :::)))))

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you give a ballpark price on the rear bumper yet?! Less than $500?

Repecfully, We don't know yet. One thing for sure, it won't be less than $500.00

This bumper is made in USA. We wouldn't last in business long enough if we sell it for $500.00 or less.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Repecfully, We don't know yet. One thing for sure, it won't be less than $500.00

This bumper is made in USA. We wouldn't last in business long enough if we sell it for $500.00 or less.
I'm willing to pay alot more for products that are made in the USA

Sent via smoke signal

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was being optimistic I guess, since another popular company selling USA products sells their rear bumper for less than $400.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

Dislike..I'm sure your just being honest here.. but a comment like that makes you wonder..some things are better left unsaid..oh and I can think of a few US companys with rear bumpers under $500 if you prefer the company of spiders over snakes

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Dislike..I'm sure your just being honest here.. but a comment like that makes you wonder..some things are better left unsaid..oh and I can think of a few US companys with rear bumpers under $500 if you prefer the company of spiders over snakes
I'd like to hear the "few". PSC makes one bumper that's under $500, the BFH, at $269, and is nowhere near what this bumper is in terms of looks. Functionally, PSC defeats all. Even Smittybilt, the notorious Chinese-produced company, has their rear bumper alone at $599 (XRC).

I think this is the honest truth, and so many people here love the "Made in USA" stamp and better be prepared to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Psc used to have another one under $500 i could swear.....i cant mention one of them since im not sure if he's ready to release them just yet...(Norcal section)but there out there and probably more than you think.. Shaffers has a 199.00 bumper that looks badass so we know its possible..my point is getting a rear bumper(without a tire carrier) at a price point that is as good as the bumper 'looks" can be done

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys

this thread is NOT about the bumper; however we are flattered that you noticed it. What we are promoting here is the Diamondback Jerry can carrier.

Desert Snake was born from two JK owners that love the vehicle and the life style. We are developing the products that we love to have, and simply aren't out there in the market.

Jeeps have a wide range of products, from the very affordable to quite pricey. If there is a product that doesn't meet your budget, there will be tons of options out there ready for you to spend your hard earned dollars.

I invite you to create rear bumper cost analysis thread; it would be very informative to many in the forum that often complaint about the prices. Many people don't know what it takes to make a bumper, man hours, tools, machines, talent, experience, etc.

Read this thread and you will see what we mean

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52282

Respectfully

Cenair

1 - 20 of 53 Posts