JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Denver Area - Good Gear Shop?--FOUND ONE!

I have 5.13s ready for installation. Anyone in the Denver area know a good gear shop?

Don't say "All-American" because I won't take my rig to that overpriced rip-off shop! :D

I have all the parts. Just need someone to do that install. Any help is appreciated!

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
In washington I had a bit of a time finding somebody to do the gears if I did not purchase the gears through them. Actually, quite a few places wouldn't install gears I brought in.

Hopefully a little different out here

I am looking at gears soon so I am curious to hear as well. I am still drawn between those or the 4.88's. I do drive on the freeway a bunch. I have 35's with an auto. What do you have?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 35s with an auto. I live up in Evergreen, so the drive up I-70 absolutely kills me with 4.10s. It's funny because I'm more than happy with 4.10s offroad. It's the highway driving I can't deal with.

So far I've had quotes of around $800 from 4wheelparts and $1200 from High Country. Neither shop had any problem with using the gears I'm going to bring in. It's not like there is really anything available but Superior gears.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Denver and have had work done at High Country. Very happy with them. Having a lift, tires and wheels put on by them this week.
Doing good work and doing good gearing are two separate things. I put on a lift, tires, and wheels. But I'm not gonna touch gearing (at least not yet).

High Country is a good shop, I hear. But I don't know about their gearing guys. Plus, they are dang expensive and they throw on a zillion "fees" and miscellaneous charges after the fact so they can quote you a lower price. I talked to one guy there and when I merely mentioned cheaper prices elsewhere he got a big pissy attitude. How dare I bring up the concept of a guy trying to save a few bucks. Lame.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have 5.13s ready for installation. Anyone in the Denver area know a good gear shop?

Don't say "All-American" because I won't take my rig to that overpriced rip-off shop! :D

I have all the parts. Just need someone to do that install. Any help is appreciated!
Try Josh @ CrawlerTech 720-422-4598 they're by I-25 & I-70

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here's the scoop..........

I just had it done at Hillside 4x4 in Denver.

I friggin LOVE this rig with 5.13s. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

5.13s are a must when going to 35 and living above 5000 feet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what did you pay for the installation?

(Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it in the thread)

Since you had a good experience I will proabably use the same shop
Thanks for the info! :beer:
I have no problems posting $$.

Total cost was $768. I supplied both the gears and install kits which I bought from Phil at TrailDuty.

Labor: $750
Cheapo Gear oil: $18 (I will change this out after 500 miles).

No additional "fees". The above amount included tax, everything.

I made sure that this was going to be the full-out price before I had them do the work. I hate it when a shop gives you a price over the phone, then adds all the fees as a surprise when you get there (Shop fee, towel fee, diposal fee, bend over fee, etc). Hi Country is famous for this - on top of their overpriced work to begin with. You end up paying 30% more than that "price".

These guys at Hillside 4x4 are straight up, good to deal with, and real wheelers that know their stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.