JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my lights last night with the DELTAS and now when you turn the signals on the dash lights dim and once the signal is cancelled the dash lights brighten back up.

Seems wierd to me as the lights were a direct replacment.

I also had to put wire around the trim ring just to hold the lights in the wobbled around in the trim ring.

the instructions i have say to toss the trim ring but then there would be no way to hold the light in, so hopefully you guys have some input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the delta headlights on mine and I did not have that problem. For the install you just attached the pigtail to change the factory plugs to H4 plugs and then into the light right? Maybe the contacts on the pigtail are shorted somehow, but I am not sure how that would be interacting with the signals.

I would probably pull the plug for the pigtail off the factory plugs and see if this still happens Sorry for not much help.

p.s. can you return the deltas? I am not really happy with mine, and am waiting for some Cibies from Daniel Stern to replace them. $100 lesson for me.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i check all the connections im not overly impressed with mine either

·
Registered
479 Posts
Install a relay for each light, and that will solve it. My motor bike had this same thing at idle, then, brighten up when idle was above 3,000rpm. Put a relay in, and problem solved.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
DrD, did you get them from 4WP?

The fitment problem sounds EXACTLY like what happened when I got mine.
If you have the quadbars then you toss the trim ring, if you have the regulars (like I do) then you keep the trim ring and they give you a silicone gasket that goes between the ring and the light to keep it tight.
they screwed up and gave me the instructions for the quad bar kit and no silicone rings like for a quad bar, but gave me the standard lights.

Heres the write up I did- contact Delta and they'll take care of it.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2623&highlight=delta

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The Delta Lights guy is on the forum. Doesn't seem like he cares to help though....hmm.

I'd say get your money back and buy a better product from someone else!

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
The Delta Lights guy is on the forum. Doesn't seem like he cares to help though....hmm.

I'd say get your money back and buy a better product from someone else!
He hasn't been around much, he got a pretty rough welcome if I remember right.
The Delta headlight upgrade is the best bang for the buck lighting upgrade I have found yet.
My kit was F'd up, but I blame 4WP more so than Delta.

Delta immediately sent me out the silicone rings and did thier best to make things right.

If you know of a better product anywhere close to the price, I'd like to hear about it.
Near as I can tell, the only other full upgrade I know if it piecing one together from Daniel Stern and you end up with more money and it's not plug n play.
His Cibie upgrades are awesome to be sure. But more money and more work.
I like dropping $100, doing a 20 minute install and getting good results.

Like I said, not trying to pimp Delta, just stating they took care of my problem and I'm happy with my results.

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
I agree with Venom. I actually had all the parts for the cibie upgrade and after sitting on them for 7 months I sold everything and got the delta quad bars. Are they the most awesome lights ever? No. They are however a nice upgrade over stock and took me all of 10 minutes to put in at a cost of around 130ish.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i guess i did not get gaskets with mine i hade to use a length of wire between the light and trim ring just to get it steady

no impressed

iv pmed delta on here and emailed tech support and left a phone message and have got no response as of yet

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Free Market

I understand, If you want to save money and get the "best bang for the buck" you resign yourself to the fact that you'll likely get an inferior product when you buy with that mindset.
I own the Delta lights myself and I realized when I bought them that I was taking a calculated risk. I was right. I had to drive to their office to get the silicon rings. Fortunately for me it was only about 10 miles away. That was over a year ago and is seems they still don't include them with new kits! It's an inferior product for a low price. Cibie, Hella etc. are superior products at a higher price. It's up to the individual to decide what's important to them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did not get the gaskets with mine either, and I PM'd delta here and he said he would ship them out to me, but I never got them. Sent another message and he said they were on the way, but they never made it. Not impressed with Delta as a company.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nor am i still no response i called and left another message so i have now tried to contact them 4 times in 24 hours........ hmmm maybe there is a message here to be sent but ill give them some more time to respond

1 - 20 of 23 Posts