JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
The stock JK uses H13/9008 Headlight Bulbs, the Delta's use a H4/9003 Headlight Bulb. H13 is only available in SilverStars. The H4 however is available in SilverStar Ultra.

Line Code LMP
Part Number 9008
Description Headlight Bulb - High & Low Beam (Halogen)
Attribute Bulb Type:T-4 5/8 Bulb 37/64" (14.7mm) Diameter,Electrical Rating:12.80 Volt/60 Watt,Candle Power:119.40
Comment OE Type

Line Code LMP
Part Number 9003
Description Headlight Bulb - High & Low Beam
Attribute Bulb Type:T-4-5/8 Bulb 37/64" (14.7mm) Diameter,Electrical Rating:12.00,Candle Power:120.00

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock JK uses H13/9008 Headlight Bulbs, the Delta's use a H4/9003 Headlight Bulb. H13 is only available in SilverStars. The H4 however is available in SilverStar Ultra.
Thanks man... Looks like if i get these headlights, i'll be selling my silverstars to somebody and I'll probably end up selling my headlight guards too.... geesh.. these headlights are becoming a little bit more of a hassel... they sure do look good though...

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
nope, they're clear
they're good glass with a proper reflector/lens pattern instead of plastic bubbles like the stockers. Thats where the increase in light comes from.
The only difference in the two different light kits from Delta is that the quad bar (the one you showed) has the metal X inside the main lens for increased impact resistance and the regular (the one I have) doesn't.
When I ordered from 4WP, the item I orders said "QUAD BAR HEADLIGHTS" but ended up not being, but I figured what the hell, I'll leave them. The glass is aready going to be a lot tougher and scratch resistant than the stock bubbles.
If I break one of these then I'll go with the quad bar.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Grant, I have to throw this in here, think about the CIBIE 7" E codes from Daniel Stern. They will run you more, but they are excellent lights for the money. They take the same H4 bulbs. I've got them and love the pattern. I ran all new 12ga wiring, using the stock wires to trigger relays, I'm getting 14v to the lamps this way which is the ticket to great output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts