JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These questions are very similiar to Dancin Dan's but I didn't feel right hijacking his thread. Anyway, I am very seriously considering spending that good old tax return on a Rock Krawler 3.5" Mid arm flex system but need to know what other considerations there are when it comes to install. I know that on top of the kit that I will also need shocks and bumps stops (any suggestions?) but are rear brake line extensions also needed? At what height do I need to consider a dropped pitman arm? Is a new, relocated steering stabilizer a good idea too? Also, are there any concessions that need to be made for the emergency brake cable. Thanks for your time fellas (and gals too).

Forgot to mention that I will be running 35s on my 4 door Rubicon.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ok I would suggest either bilstein 5100's or Rock Krawler RRD shocks. For bumpstops Rock Krawler also has 2 options. One being billet aluminum stackables and the other air bumps. I would highly suggest getting the rear extended brakelines. For the stabalizer you will be fine for now that money can be spent elsewhere. For the emergency brake cables we pull the metal bracket and losen the cables in the back above the axle. If you need any install help just give me a call we would be happy to help.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
You may want to give the RK shocks a little more time on the market before snagging a set. They're having issues with bushings coming loose, leaving the weight of the shock resting on the cross pins - not a good thing. There's a Dirty Laundry thread about it here on JKO.

FWIW - RK has stepped up and is taking care of anyone with the issue.

I hadn't even thought about extending the e-brake. The more I read, the more expensive this project is getting... I may have to stop reading JKO so I can stop spending money.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. As always, it is much appreciated.:beer: What about this thing called spring retainers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts