JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to a few members it was brought up WHY DON'T the girls get out???

So here it is :
Not a MALL RUN

Friday the 26th, 15 / Cleghorn off ramp 8:30 a.m. , bring the Wife / significant other and the FAMILY to wheel / check out the snow / mud of the Cleghorn trail.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Well....I guess I'll just take my lickings now.

Can't make it. Got family in town until Saturday morning and the Jeep will be getting dropped off for new coils on Friday. And no...we will not be dragging the family up there in the XTerra.

Anybody doing anything next week?? Ty....Big Bear??

·
Registered
679 Posts
I contacted the Wife, and if the Jeep is out of the shop by Wednesday afternoon, it looks like we may make it up for the Cleghorn run.

Anybody doing anything next week?? Ty....Big Bear??
I don't quite know what the plans are for next week . . . Tuesday I have a hearing . . . but that is about it. Let's do some snow wheelin'.

Ty...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I contacted the Wife, and if the Jeep is out of the shop by Wednesday afternoon, it looks like we may make it up for the Cleghorn run.

I don't quite know what the plans are for next week . . . Tuesday I have a hearing . . . but that is about it. Let's do some snow wheelin'.

Ty...
What are they doin' to fix the front track bar mount? And was it only the track bar, because your front wheels were all wacky headed back to the highway..??

·
Registered
679 Posts
What are they doin' to fix the front track bar mount? And was it only the track bar, because your front wheels were all wacky headed back to the highway..??
I am having a Currie Front Track Bar Bracket welded to the axle in place and instead of the stock bracket. The Currie bracket is the one that comes pre-welded on their RockJock axle. It should be stronger, and eliminate the need for an extra extension bracket.

It should be finished tomorrow. The "wacky wheel" movements are exactly the same as when you experience the dreaded "death wobble." It is pretty freaky. I believe the reason the wheels were wobbling around is becuase there was nothing to hold the axle firmly in place. The temporary weld held the axle fimrly enough in place on the drive home -- albeit not exactly in the right location. Talk about EPS & Traction Control --> my steering wheel was about 90 degrees off from center.

Ty...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Friday, I can't make it either. I am taking the jeep down for service. Once I engage 4low, it doesn't want to disengage. Finally when I get it back into 4HI. It pops out in-between 4hi and 4low... But, other then that I am off till the 5th of January...

·
Registered
679 Posts
The Jeep is out of the shop and the new Currie front track bar bracket is a a huge upgrade over the cheap, thin metal of the orginal bracket. Did not cost an arm and a leg, either. I'll try and post photos later.

Ty...

·
Registered
679 Posts
After a long Christmas Day, I think we are gonna have to pass on this run . . . everyone wants to sleep in . . . it's a long drive to and from.

I do think we are heading out to Anza / Ocotillo Wells area on Sunday for a easy/moderate run . . . if anyone is interested.

Ty...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts