JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WE ARE SCREWED

So, our response to not being able to make the minimum payment on our credit card is to ask them to raise our credit limit. I don't care if you're a republican, democrat, independent, green, or tea party member; this is fucking stupid.

FTA:

Republicans have said they will not vote to raise the borrowing limit until Congress and the White House agree on a plan to reduce the deficit through spending cuts.
How about we stop qualifying that statement with any IF, AND or BUT bullshit & grow a set of balls ya nancy boy sissies.... Just say NO. It's what republicans are known for anyway, so it shouldn't suprise anyone that you're saying no more spending. They already know what needs to happen, so we don't need this "no dessert until you finish your vegetables" bullshit. This isn't some political club to wield until you get your way.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Personally, I hope they don't raise the limit. I say "personally" because I wont be a member of the 20+% of Americans unemployed as our economy crashes when we default on loans. It'll be a hard lesson for 1 in 5 of you - but I'll get by.

Fuck it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
This isn't some political club to wield until you get your way.
That's the problem right there. The majority of politicians are career politicians, or they got into it because their business endeavors were successful so they decided to be politicians. Then they're elected, so they vote for the people who pay them, or they vote for the things that will help their businesses out.

That's just my view of it. But I'm just a college dropout from nowhere Nebraska who goes to work to pay his mortgage, so I probly don't know whats best for me and mine...

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this mean I get to foreclose on the White House if they default?

Is there even a plan in place for this occurring? Sounds like only the people who paid into the pensions (not specifically mentioned by name in the article) are the only ones who are getting screwed at this point.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
It means that a gallon of milk will cost about $45-55 if this happens. I am going to start wiping my ass with dollar bills come August 2nd. Should be cheaper than buying toilet paper.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It means that a gallon of milk will cost about $45-55 if this happens. I am going to start wiping my ass with dollar bills come August 2nd. Should be cheaper than buying toilet paper.
Not if you live near cow country. I'm gonna go start making friends with the Amish folks out in Lancaster County, PA. They're about to get damned important.

And as much fun as all this is to theorize about, do you really think for one second that these career political hacks are about to endanger their cash cow? HELL no. They're gonna raise that limit no matter how much we wish they wouldn't. Repubs have already determined that both sides of the aisle are filled with whores. We're just negotiating the price at this point.

And THAT is the saddest part of all of this. You, me, or any other individual no longer have a voice in our own government.

Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed to see us now.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I'm not as pessimistic as you. Sorry.

I'm actually all for them raising it. There are two options: raise it and go further in debt (what's the big deal? We are 14 TRILLION in debt) - or don't raise it and our country experiences the second great depression. So of course they'll raise it. It's the logical, rational choice. The negotiations between - that's the politics of the matter.

Seems like a simple choice to me.

And I bet Thomas Jefferson's slaves would gaze in wide wonder at us now. Perspective.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm not as pessimistic as you. Sorry.

I'm actually all for them raising it. There are two options: raise it and go further in debt (what's the big deal? We are 14 TRILLION in debt) - or don't raise it and our country experiences the second great depression. So of course they'll raise it. It's the logical, rational choice. The negotiations between - that's the politics of the matter.

Seems like a simple choice to me.

And I bet Thomas Jefferson's slaves would gaze in wide wonder at us now. Perspective.
or.... they would see that their children are still in bondage. this time it comes in the mailbox instead of at the end of a whip. I mean $900 a month and the constant fear of loosing it isn't exactly freedom... is it????

you would be indifferent wouldn't you???? It comes down to what we want to saddle our children with.... freedom, or Chinese financial slavery. Im for the former. But you can think what you want.

Im only 27 but.... dont you guys remember the shutdown of 1995???? Its not the end of the world... the government just furloughs non-essential personnel. In fact, its kind of a de-facto budget cut if you wanna look at it from another angle.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At some point, we need to simply stop the bleeding. We're Trillions in debt with no viable means of getting out in sight. It's time to stop gambling with our credit rating and do something meaningful and drastic like cutting off all foreign oil supplies coming into the USA. Fuck em. They want to see what oil costs when we're not buying it? We've got billions of gallons of oil in the stategic reserve. Let's tap that ass and while we're sipping on that, put immediate mandates in place that we get to the moon of our generation - removal of dependence on foreign oil.

Fuck getting there in this decade - you have however long the US strategic reserve lasts and then you're screwed. GO.

I wish our prez had the huevos to pull something like that, but I'm not as optimistic as you.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
or.... they would see that their children are still in bondage. this time it comes in the mailbox instead of at the end of a whip. I mean $900 a month and the constant fear of loosing it isn't exactly freedom... is it????

you would be indifferent wouldn't you???? It comes down to what we want to saddle our children with.... freedom, or Chinese financial slavery. Im for the former. But you can think what you want.

Im only 27 but.... dont you guys remember the shutdown of 1995???? Its not the end of the world... the government just furloughs non-essential personnel. In fact, its kind of a de-facto budget cut if you wanna look at it from another angle.

How about we extend our debt ceiling at this moment AND begin to work on our debt? Why does it have to be either or? I know this might be a novel idea - but you CAN take out a loan AND use that keep yourself solvent as you restructure and being getting serious about your debt. Take a long hard look at what the big 3 automakers have done in the past few years.

Novel eh?

You are talking about the shut down of 95? Heh, ok. I was talking about the devaluation of our dollar in a global economy. Not a federal budget battle. Ehhh.... Ok.

sorry - had to fuck with you on that one.

But like I said - I have no problem PERSONALLY with our congress/president destroying our fragile economy by making our exchange rate with Mexico become $1 = 1 Peso.

Go for it. I'll get by.

Well, the flip side is that it is getting cheaper for me to buy jeep parts with the Canadian Dollar :innocent:
See? Another guy (like me) who sees the silver lining of foolishness.

It's time to stop gambling with our credit rating and do something meaningful and drastic like cutting off all foreign oil supplies coming into the USA. Fuck em.
Staggering lol.

You'd rather gamble with our national security than our credit rating! hahaha

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Of course, the counterpoint here being that the Americans of today are free to leave and go elsewhere at anytime they choose. All they would need to do is purchase a passport, get enough $$ saved for their plane ticket, the addtional baggage fees (since everything you own in this world typically ain't gonna fit below the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment) and a few dollars to spend when they get there. On 900/month that's taxed not less than four times before they even see a penny, only to be taxed again when they buy the plane ticket, yet again when they buy the baggage they're bringing with them and still again when they buy a beer before their flight departs.

But they're free...right?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
As far as I know, the USA is the biggest consumer of Candian oil sands oil. A massive pipeline from Northern Alberta is being built into the south.

We can't produce the stuff fast enough.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sure is gonna piss you folks off when we say "no thanks" ain't it... Well, as mad as Canadians get. Polite bunch, those Canadians.

Of course we're one of the biggest consumers of oil around. But we have a shitload of it sitting in our back yard for a rainy day. Guess what? It's pouring like a motherfucker and we haven't even started building the boat yet.

That's why I'd like to see forgeign oil cutoff. But I'm thinking maybe we keep it confined to our continent. We'll buy oil but only if it's from the American Continent. Fuck the Middle East. Let's see how batshit crazy they get when we suddenly don't give a fuck HOW much oil they have. Let them all fight over their own little patch of desert.

·
Registered
366 Posts
How about we extend our debt ceiling at this moment AND begin to work on our debt? Why does it have to be either or? I know this might be a novel idea - but you CAN take out a loan AND use that keep yourself solvent as you restructure and being getting serious about your debt.

Novel eh?

You are talking about the shut down of 95? Heh, ok. I was talking about the devaluation of our dollar in a global economy. Not a federal budget battle. Ehhh.... Ok.

sorry - had to fuck with you on that one.

But like I said - I have no problem PERSONALLY with our congress/president destroying our fragile economy by making our exchange rate with Mexico become $1 = 1 Peso.

Go for it. I'll get by.
No, not really that novel... Your basic grasp of capital structure doesn't really impress me much. I have a degree in finance.

In fact debt leverage is best used for investing.... If and only if you're investment yields a better percentage than the rate of interest on the loan.

Only a moron uses debt to get out of debt.... You're credit rating eventually erodes to the point you can't even make the interest payments.

Got any more douchebag liberal ideas you wanna try out???? How about incremental and it's close cousin deficit spending????

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
So the big 3 did not take out loans, restructure, and are not currently digging themselves out of debt?

Wow! You should contact EVERY MAJOR NEWSPAPER ON THE PLANET AND TELL THEM THEY HAVE BEEN DUPED.

A degree in finance you say? lol You'll be one of the guys in the soup line, going "I wish those cocksuckers hadn't destroyed our dollar!"

But I'll still provide your broke ass medical care when you step into my office - providing you have some government run insurance. Cuz you sure are hell aren't going to be employed ;).

1 - 20 of 84 Posts