JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the death wobble on a 2011 low mileage jku that is 100% stock. I checked everything I could think of and the only thing out of the ordinary was the steering stabilizer my wife used as a rock slider :pissed:.

I was under the impression that even a messed up steering stabilizer could not cause the death wobble. Any ideas? I plan on taking it to the dealer to check it out.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I wouldn't think about it anymore, it's completely stock. Let the dealer deal with it. Track bar may need torquing if you do feel adventurous.

Be sure it's not just an imbalance "wobble" and not the "death wobble" you are talking about..

Death Wobble - YouTube

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't think about it anymore, it's completely stock. Let the dealer deal with it. Track bar may need torquing if you do feel adventurous.

Be sure it's not just an imbalance "wobble" and not the "death wobble" you are talking about..

Death Wobble - YouTube
It was definitely a death wobble. At my work I deal with alot of offroading rain or shine I can tell the difference between unbalanced tires and death wobble. I'll pay the dealer a visit tomorrow, thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.