JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've read about this for years, and it possibly may be coming.. I do have an OLD MAN EMU KIT on a 4 door unlimited with 33's nitto mud grapplers, upper control arms. Its always driven very straight comfortable, started to notice going over bigger bumps or train tracks I feel this prolonged shake in the wheel. Anything I can first look at to make sure everything is tight and I can maybe prevent this DW to happen?

Thanks

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Clif's Notes:

Check that all suspension bolts are tight to spec.

Still issue?
Replace the crap ass stock ball joints (your lowers will be toasted).

^that'll take care of 99% of the DW jeeps.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Definately use Planman's Death Wobble write-up. Torque everything to spec, and check the ball joints. I changed my trackbar bolts, welded washers to fix the ovaled holes and torqued everything. I think the track bar was the original problem but after a couple instances of DW my lower ball joints were toast. Once I replaced them with Synergy ball joints from Poly I could once again drive the jeep without worrying about every bump or expansion joint on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.