JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered our axles back on June 20th 2013 and they are still not complete.

After we ordered them we finalized the gear ratio in about a week. Then we talked about the brakes. Jim said the ssbc brakes were really bad ass and worth the money so I agreed. After checking on them every few weeks. On August 18th the sales rep Tacoma white called And wanted the rest of the money and said they were ready to ship. I questioned the bill because it seemed extremely high. After Tacoma explained that was with the hydro assist and he said he would see what the rest of it came with. If I remember it was 1200 or 1800 dollars extra. I paid when I realized it wasn't going to help. Then after a week they called wanting shipping money...

Then I spoke to jim Jackson in September and he said the front brakes weren't ready and he would go down and set them up.

Tacoma called and said the steering included a psc pump, resivor, ram, tie rod and hoses. Plus set up...

This whole time it's been over promise and under deliver. I was at my 90 day mark with Amex since making my final payment to torq and the axles are not done.

I disputed the charges with Amex and 30 days went by they said vendor never responded to them and they were closing out the dispute in my favor. They gave torq till February 10th before they block them.

All im asking is to have my axles finished for 20k they should have been delivered and ready to go. Robbie said they will have to raise the track bar bracket and brace it.

William has had his brackets rip off already. They failed from lack of penetration and excessive travel speeds. Structural brackets need to be welded to AWS D1.1 or D1.2 codes. Especially when it's going to effect safety. Torq needs to developed and destructively test a welding procedure. Then qualify your welders to that procedure. A WPS and WPQ should be available at request.

American Express just called while I was typing this and said they received a request from torq to release the dispute... I told them that my builder stated part of the parts showed up and it was not complete yet. I will be fair and re file my dispute for the steering and labor, labor for brake assembly.

I would save yourself 6 months and stay away from these guys until they get their shit together. Jim called Robbie crying about the dispute and I haven't heard a word from torq. I tried calling and the shop number was disconnected.

If I had my choice for a happy resolution I would happily pay to have these pulled off my jeep and shipped back to torq for a full refund. I would go with dynatracs and have a high pinion front axle.

I'm sure I'm missing the majority of my rant but I keep getting more pissed when I think about having to buy wheel studs, pay to have them installed because the axles are holding up the build. Robbie having to rig up a tie rod because these weren't complete as promised when I bought them. The track bars weren't included as promised either. They come out during sema to put on a show and weld steering tabs on and leave as a publicity stunt. They didn't bring the brakes or anything on that trip either.

More to follow...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn, hate to hear this. I was thinking about buying their 14 bolt housing, but I wont deal with cry babies. Hopefully you get everything squared away.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would not want to be in your situation. I agree that if you pay 20K you should have had what you ordered or a dang good explanation as to why it has not happened. There are not many folks in the Jeep world that can afford to drop 20k on axles and you would think that if you were going to be involved in the companies research and development you would get a discount at the very least.

Good luck with the build, I am enjoying watching your other thread. You are going to have a great rig no matter how it turns out.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Now might be a Good time to edit your sig line !

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
:explode:

·
A JKO DICK
3,688 Posts
I think this should be in every forum category to make sure everyone is warned about torque. No chance they'll ever get any of my money, not just because they are putting out a shit product, but because they screwed two of our brothers. One they outright screwed and the other overtly. I think the full name of the owner should be posted, so when we he opens a new business to escape this mess we know not to deal with them also.

Hey Torque :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

I hope this all works out for you in the end.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In this industry I fall back to my roots (originally from MO., the show me state). Show me, I gotta see, touch, feel the product I'm actually gonna get, and then you will get my money. In AZ, there are many shops that have the product right there for you to inspect. Suggest others to do the same if they can, beware of the "fly by nights".

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
So much potential and opportunity to build some kick ass stuff and they fucking screwed the pooch in every aspect.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree with USMC. I think they tried to go too fast too soon with the JK market. I too have Torq axles and had issues with Torq when I ordered mine. I ordered them roughly the same time frame as Bluewave and we got our axles roughly the same time. Likewise, when I received my axles, they were missing numerous parts. Since then, I have received all the parts from Torq but there were some headaches along the way. I opted for the builders kit so I'm sure if I would have gone the fully built route, there would be more hickups. Mine are in the process of getting installed right now so I'm not 100% good but I did receive all the parts. I have spoken to Bluewave numerous times and I completely understand his frustration. There should be no reason that he is waiting on parts. Especially parts that Torq doesn't make (the brake components).

·
Registered
3,751 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like Dynatracs next year for me then ......
Route I would go IF I was to go "store bought",,,, expensive, but good history behind the name

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
I'm interested in the bit about welds being torn off. I remember the pics when Motec finally got your axles. Robbie had pointed out (tho it was very obvious) that they tried to give the TIG weld effect with a MIG welder... which will always give shitty penetration.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
We ordered our axles back on June 20th 2013 and they are still not complete.

William has had his brackets rip off already. They failed from lack of penetration and excessive travel speeds. Structural brackets need to be welded to AWS D1.1 or D1.2 codes. Especially when it's going to effect safety. Torq needs to developed and destructively test a welding procedure. Then qualify your welders to that procedure. A WPS and WPQ should be available at request.

If I had my choice for a happy resolution I would happily pay to have these pulled off my jeep and shipped back to torq for a full refund. I would go with dynatracs and have a high pinion front axle.

More to follow...
Just a couple questions to help in your efforts here:

1) please post up a copy of the original axle order, and any change orders subsequent thereto;

2) did you discover before, or after delivery, that the off-road vehicle fabrication industry must adhere to American Welding Society codes;

3) with respect to Dyna-Trac, wasn't there an earlier thread where you went after them for their lack of attentiveness to your business (could've been someone else, I can't find the thread).

Anyway, a little bit more information would be helpful so that your post can be more beneficial to the membership here.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Funny how Torq is mysteriously absent in these threads.

-Dan
It's no mystery, they don't want to get beat on.

For 20K, there should at least be a reach around. Sounds like these guys don't even use lube.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts