JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the dealership delete the E-disco from their computer? I thought I read that they could reflash the computer and take it out but my dealer tells me I need to buy the procal module. I already have the superchips module but the wrangler comes with different options so it seems like they could burn in a new program without the e-disco.

He says he can add one but not take it away. Is black tape my only option?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
dealer should be able to kill it with starscan
I'd try another dealer

but they will probably charge you almost as much as a procal anyway so may as well just drop the $150 on the AEV, it plays nice with other programmers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dealer should be able to kill it with starscan
I'd try another dealer

but they will probably charge you almost as much as a procal anyway so may as well just drop the $150 on the AEV, it plays nice with other programmers.
They said they could not use the starscan because that feature was tied to the VIN. I remember reading that somewhere but their dealer just did the work anyway. I agree I need to find a dealer that is familiar with it.

Do I need to leave the procal plugged in all of the time to keep the light turned off?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
save your $ and dont give it to the dealer..... Get you a Aeroforce gauge......
I just googled this and holy crap. Does it make coffee too? looks like a nice addition.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
nope
if youre used to a sc you'll be amazed how fast a procal is
you set the dip switches to tell it what to do, plug it into the obd port and pretty much instantly the horn beeps to tell you its done.
unplug it you're done
only time it needs to stay plugged in is if you want to bump your idle up and down with your dome light dimmer for winching, jump starting or whatever

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
the procal is great...... I own it and the aeroforce. for the few extra bucks i like my aeroforce more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts