JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take my Rubicon into the the dealership because my lockers aren't engaging. Yes I have a service contract otherwise I would just replace them with something else myself. I checked them before I modified it and lost the warranty so if there was a problem it wasn't on my dime, good thing I did!!

Anyways I call them up to see what they came up with and they tell me they are in touch the "Chrysler Star program" because they aren't familiar with the locker system. (what???) So I explain to them how the lockers work and that there isn't really parts available for them it usually is replaced as a unit. Needless to say the service writer didn't really believe me about it usually being replaced as a unit. But was interested in what I had to say about how the system functioned. He tells me he is going to call the people at the "Star program" and let them know what I had told him. He leaves a message last night saying that they are ordering the acuators for my lockers and it will be done today. So I think cool you can order just acuators.

So I call him today to see when I could pick my Jeep since it was supposed to be done today sometime. Wouldn't you know he tells me that they couldn't order just the acuators, it is usually replaced as a unit!! Imagine that!!! So now I won't have my Jeep until at least Monday or Tuesday he says and that they are in touch with Chrysler to find out how to replace them.

My question is why don't they know these things already! Also why do they have to call to figure out how to replace a locker!! You mean to tell me there is not one "Jeep tech" in that shop that knows how to put in a locker and set up gears!! I know that the techs at Jeep dealerships are definately not always experts but when I have to explain it to them and I know how to and could fix the problem myself, why isn't someone there at least familiar with how to do it!!

Alright I'm done I just had to vent!!:pissed::pissed:
I can't say I am feeling real confident about the quality of work I am going to end up with though. :shaking:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pine Belt???
No not Pine Belt. I didn't mention their name on purpose, I didn't want to bash them before I gave them a chance to do the work and see how it turned out. If they screw it up I'll let you guys know for sure. I have dealt with this dealership before with small warranty stuff and actually bought my wife's Jeep Commander from them a few years back. No problems yet (knock on wood) but we shall see!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This could have been a dan rant, but it would have needed A LOT of curses, and poopy head comment!!!! :the finger:

That sucks man....sometimes dealing with those morons is a nightmare!!!
Yeah I always enjoy reading his posts, I usually get a good laugh from them!!! I don't want to step on his toes or seem like I trying to take away from his posts. Otherwise I might get one with a bunch of curses and poopy head comments about me and I haven't even met him yet!! LMAO!!!! :D:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too big of a deal I guess I would have never known if I didn't use them and check them once in a while. At least this way I'll have brand new lockers before I get it lifted, re-geared, sleeved, gusseted, and have the LCA skids welded on!! :D:D:D:D

·
Banned
15,534 Posts
Unless it's Lucas (and even if it IS) you should mention the name. Lucas has someone on the board here and if their service writer doesn't know this shit, he deserves to get Fuh-LAMED!

If not, just let everyone know where NOT to go since they don't seem to know what a locker is or how it works. Letting a nitwit who doesn't know what a locker is or how it works install one would scare the shit out of me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it's not Lucas either, I just want to give them the benefit of the doubt before I bash them. It could be just the service writer doesn't know much about the lockers and the techs do. I am only hearing what the service writer is telling me over the phone. I will be sure to share my experiences with the JC and other members on here. I haven't had any issues with them up to this point with either my Rubicon or the wife's Commander we'll see how they do with the lockers.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I work for a major brand forklift dealer, and all of our techs must be factory certified or their work is not approved for warranty reimbursement by the manufacturer. I would expect that a car dealership would do that at the very least.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just got another call from the service writer about my lockers. They are going to replace everything and it will take 3-4 business days for the parts to come in. So it looks like I'll have my Jeep back after Thanksgiving by the time they are installed and tested to work properly. I wasn't happy about it, but when he said it was a good thing I bought the service contract because the job costs over $4000 to do. I kind of had to laugh at that point at money well spent I guess. They have replaced 2 navigation units at almost $2000 a piece, gas tank, and now $4000 in lockers all for the $1475 it cost me for a 2 year unlimited miles max care service contract. Of course those are dealer prices and definately overpriced but at least I'm not paying the bill and definately getting my money worth out of the warranty! :beer::beer:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just got another call from the service writer about my lockers. They are going to replace everything and it will take 3-4 business days for the parts to come in. So it looks like I'll have my Jeep back after Thanksgiving by the time they are installed and tested to work properly. I wasn't happy about it, but when he said it was a good thing I bought the service contract because the job costs over $4000 to do. I kind of had to laugh at that point at money well spent I guess. They have replaced 2 navigation units at almost $2000 a piece, gas tank, and now $4000 in lockers all for the $1475 it cost me for a 2 year unlimited miles max care service contract. Of course those are dealer prices and definately overpriced but at least I'm not paying the bill and definately getting my money worth out of the warranty! :beer::beer:
SWEET!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I called the dealership to get some clarification on the "parts" they are ordering to fix my rig that are costing them over $4000. They tell me since they can't order the acuators for my lockers they are COMPLETELY replacing my axles!! As in taking off the tires and brakes and swapping in brand new complete axles!! I'm not complaing but WOW, this is how they fix an acuator!! Guess I don't have to be worried about them setting my gears up wrong anymore! Too bad the new axles aren't any stronger than the ones I have in it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why don't they just swap out the whole damn jeep! :thefinger:
Hell I would take a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited identical to mine, but maybe with a set of half doors though instead for my inconveniece of it breaking!!:laughing::laughing: I called Mike over at Globex and told him about it and they just laughed. At least they won't have to worry about any rusted bolts or shit all over them when the work on it!! :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is some of the craziest shit I ever heard! So pretty much they don't know how to do gears and lockers and rather than make a complete fuckup of the job they're gonna bypass all that and give you brand new axles! Lucky SOB!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It's like that with new shit. They been using them since 07, wow time flies. Might want to print out the e-locker thread in tec and leave it on the seat. Good luck, try then before you leave the lot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.