JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by Local Dealer today they have atleast 6 2011's on the lot brand new with 33x12.50 17's with Rock star wheels they do have a $2,500 wheel and tire extra sticker next to the Original window sticker. Is this a isolated Dealer doing this or are others? Side note on the 11's they have a cool jeep logo above the rear view mirror.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Most Jeep dealers will do a little something to their Jeeps because they can mark up the mods 50% over retail and make a ton of money on selling the parts + the warranty on the parts.

It is never a good idea to pay dealer markup pricing on aftermarket accessories, but there are tons of people who don't have the time, patience, or know-how to do it all themselves.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Our dealership does it all the time, you have remember some of that markup is labor to. We have to pay the mechanic to put that stuff on, but normally we only have about 2-3 modded JK and maybe 2 modded trucks.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
one of our dealers here always builds them up....right now they have a surf blue unlimited with about a 6" Pro Comp lift, Pro Comp chrome wheels, 35" MTR/Ks, Warn Winch, Mopar winch bumper, dual tops, etc. They have a steep price tag on it, but looks pretty good.

When I first moved here they had a black X Unlimited lifted with half doors, 37s and the works; a red rock unlimited with the works, a steel blue unlimited with the works, etc.

I am not sure if they are still doing it or not, but they all use to come with lifetime warranties including the mod parts.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
The Jeep dealer in Tysons Corner, VA has a few modified 2011s on the new lot and a few modified TJs on the used lot. Nothing crazy ...and no idea what the stickers say ...but now I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
So Warranty isn't an issue with these Jeeps?
It can be. The dealer is the one providing warranty on those lift parts, not Chrysler. If that dealer goes under or changes management, the new dealer is under no obligation to repair or warranty anything. All MOPAR lifts have part numbers ending in "P", no warranty available or implied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts