JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2013 JKU in to the dealer to swap my factory alloys for powder coated factory alloys of the same size yesterday. Even though I was there second in line at 7:45 AM, it took them 7 hours to remount the 5 tires and they still mounted them backwards with the whites out despite several admonishments to mount them blackwalls out. :mad: The "factory trained ASE technician" destroyed one of the TPMS sensors trying to get it out. He had difficulty getting the TPMS sensors out and remounting them in the new wheels. Then they had the temerity to charge me $33 per wheel for the M and B! When it was all over and my day's plans were ruined, I had them refund $5 per tire and fill up my gas tank since the dealer was 50 miles from where I lived. They asked if they wanted me to wait longer to have the tech remount the tires blacks out as I had requested but I told them I didn't have another seven hours to wait so I need them to "cease and desist". :flip off: Needless to say. It was my first and last trip to that dealer. Thanks for the rant ; I feel better now.

· Banned
15,534 Posts
Man , that sucks. And you just sat there all that time. At the dealer? I'm a little more hot blooded. After an hour, I'd be getting nuts. Hour 2, I would be out on the showroom floor fucking with their clientele. Tell people shit like I work here, you can trust me when I tell you that yer gonna wanna give me a handy after driving this jeep. Things like the new wranglers have 550 hp at the rear wheels and 1100 when in 4x4.

I don't wait long at the dealer anymore. Granted, I haven't been to a dealer since I had a warranty.

· Registered
822 Posts
I took my 2013 JKU in to the dealer to swap my factory alloys for powder coated factory alloys of the same size yesterday. Even though I was there second in line at 7:45 AM, it took them 7 hours to remount the 5 tires and they still mounted them backwards with the whites out despite several admonishments to mount them blackwalls out. :mad: The "factory trained ASE technician" destroyed one of the TPMS sensors trying to get it out. He had difficulty getting the TPMS sensors out and remounting them in the new wheels. Then they had the temerity to charge me $33 per wheel for the M and B! When it was all over and my day's plans were ruined, I had them refund $5 per tire and fill up my gas tank since the dealer was 50 miles from where I lived. They asked if they wanted me to wait longer to have the tech remount the tires blacks out as I had requested but I told them I didn't have another seven hours to wait so I need them to "cease and desist". :flip off: Needless to say. It was my first and last trip to that dealer. Thanks for the rant ; I feel better now.
Well just be glad it was only your tires! After the tech finished your tires, he went and replaced the heads on somebody's 2012 3.6L! Imagine how that turned out!!! Dealers suck!!!!

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Dealers bring the suck 9 times out of 10. The 10th time you just get a handy from Dan on a test drive. Not a total loss.

Welcome to JKO. Lets see some pics of the rig and the 7 hour wheels and tires.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is way too long for a tire swap. And your sensors bolt to the valve stem, you dont swap the stem. So that means it was busted removing the tire. What a joke.

I would make it a point not to return there.
Jeep changed the TPMS sensors to a one piece rubber stem design for 2013 and there lies the problem. It was a cost saving measure for them but a bumf**k for us.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Five Star in Macon. And yes I put that bit about the certified tech in quotes because that's the line of bull the service advisor fed me. It felt good to peel their vinyl advertisement off of my tailgate today.

As for pics, I'm waiting to get my Smittybilt SRC rear bumper this weekend :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.