JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What does a Jeep dealership do during an oil change OTHER than change the oil/filter?

Since the oil/filter is so ridiculously easy to change on the Wrangler, I will be doing that myself (and I will be keeping a carefully documented logbook with receipts), but are there other "things" the dealer does at this time?

i.e. grease fittings, lubricate hinges, etc. etc. i.e. what would I be missing out on by doing it myself? I don't mind bringing the Jeep in for OTHER regular maintenance tasks (other than those I can't easily do myself), but I just don't know what else they do on the Jeep. The dealer wanted $120 to do the oil change with Castrol Syntec last time I was in....told them to stuff it. (Though the oil alone is $60 up here at Canadian Tire) - but $60 to spin the filter off and pour in some oil is crazy.

My last van had like 18 grease fittings etc, so having those done by a dealer or drive-in oil change place was almost worth it. I don't see ANY fittings on my Jeep.

G

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
in my experiences, in the "dealer" oil and filter change they do nothing but oil and oil filter

grease and so forth will cost you more and its usually a pretty penny, i was given a years worth of free oil changes for being military but once that runs out i will be doing everything myself, as it will be much cheaper, plus i have already changed diff fluid myself once...:beer:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
What does a Jeep dealership do during an oil change OTHER than change the oil/filter?G
I heard they usually roll over, light a cigarette and ask was it good for you too.:thefinger:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts