JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
well the first days are the hardest days, don't ya worry anymore, cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at yer door. Think this through...with me, let me know your mind...What I want to know is...are you kind?:smokin:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ebay. It's cheap. I got what I paid for. I think I got it about this time last year and it's already showing serious signs of wear. It still looks decent, but yeah...got what I paid for.

I found some more expensive ones online when I was looking last time. When I replace this one, I might try one of them. I dunno. Lord knows what they'll upcharge me if I have a full size 37" spare by then.

First show?

Mine was 1991..orlando. I forget the exact date. Hornsby on keys. Was a highlight show of that tour from everything Ive read about/downloaded re: that tour since then.

Oh yeah...got sirius? Channel 32 is on everytime I am in my JK. Siriusly addicted.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Unfortunately...never saw a show, but after college... lived w/ some SERIOUS heads at a farm in W. Va. They grew their own crops (think there was some veggies in there as well). Most of the women ran around topless and some were just totally neked. Money was no object...as there was none. We also hiked, camped and hitched throughout the appalachain mtns and worked at various tobacco farms (in exchange for blankets, tools, supplies, etc) and made beaded jewelry that the heads would sell (or trade) at dead shows. Nothin like drinkin shine while watchin folks get nasty right there with chickens and goats. Did that for about 5-6 months, before moving back into society, cutting my hair, and getting a real job. What a long, strange trip its been...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice ...you got see brent. Never had that opportunity. Hornsby was nice though.

Vince....well he was vince.
Brent... yup. Broke my heart the day I got the call... restless soul, powerhouse musician, and one angelic voice.

Wow... this thread has awakened a whole ton of memories...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gratefully Deadicated since the middle 70's....... yes I have more than a touch of grey, LOL. First song I saw live was Me and my Uncle at the Chicago Ampitheater, and the last was Not Fade Away at the Portland Rose Garden. I still cry when I here Stella Blue......... "dust off those rusty strings just one more time, gonna make em shine!" I miss ya Jerry.....:beer:

Now having said all that......... GET A JOB HIPPY.......LMAO

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehehehe

My favorite dead memory is dancing to candyman in hotlanta in 1993. Was the wife and I's 1st anniversary that night. Crowd simply melted away.

Other favorite memories include my buddy's bus being shown on the background screen during the 1995 tampa show (ZAPPA LIVES! written down the side of it). Realizing we "took two" about 20 seconds after the first one kicked in as we were walking into the show in Orlando 1994 (I think), that was a good memory. The security staff were even laughing at us.

Let's see.....Stoned Mountain Hotlanta, I forget the year...watched a cop purchase and EAT a goo ball. Not the hippy dippy kind mind you..the real ones. I bet he had quite a shock about 30 minutes later.

Playing frisbee in the Omni parking lot and drinking a case of arctic bay beer that day (could just be the memories....but I swear that was the best beer I ever had in my life. This coming from a budweiser fan lol).

Taking my friends to their first show in 1993 and watching them finally 'get it'. They quit making fun of me after that night.

the list goes on.....

My son, 4 years old, regulary requests I play fire on the mountain. That's my boy!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts