JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's my issue: ESP, Traction, ABS lights are one AND anything that's plugged into the OBD2 port can't "talk" to the jeep's computer. I've got a code reader that can't connect and an AEV Pro-Cal that does nothing. I've also tried to bring up the codes and to disable the seatbelt chime to see if it was just the plug. I've pulled EVERY fuse, discharged the electrical and then left the battery disco'd for about 5 hours.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
take both battery cables off, let sit for 10-15min and then touch both of the cables to each other a few times (its safe, they have no power)
If that does nothing then its dealership time. :(

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
^ Agreed. Also, what were you doing before this happened? Check your connections under the hood- maybe something popped loose.
If you were off-roading when this happened, clean any mud/dirt/crap off of the ECU and surrounding area to avoid warranty issues :) Also, I'd flash it back to stock if you can! Mark W.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already did the cable thing to dissipate the power before I let it sit disconnected for a few hours.

Might be heading to the dealer for a visit. It can wait until it gets nicer out here, I need them to get the zipper fixed on my back soft-top panel anyways; and that's an overnighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts