JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 rubicon 33,000 miles about every 3-4 months for the past 3 years the battery is dead over night (4.8 volts) did every test I can think of, fuse pull, amp draw check (about .2-.4 amp) new battery. this time a new sign . . red security light was on , 2 hours later it was off most likely battery was to low. car has no added after market parts. charged the battery went to the dealer he say it working now cant fix it if its working, Question If? the security module or ?? is bad with a major battery draw will the bad module or bad part be hot to the touch? and where is the security module.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
0.2-0.4 amps is high. When you did the check, was there any particular fuse pulled that gave a large drop in that amp draw?

·
14ers
479 Posts
How often are there bad batteries? I put an Optima red top 34 in there a year and 8 months ago, then left the JK sitting for 6 months without being started and failed to disconnect the posts...and the battery died. Cheap tester said 12.3 volts after trickle charge, but good tester said part of it failed. Good thing they replaced at no charge, but a failed Optima? Really?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I had 4 optima batteries fail over the last 5 years, the warrantee took care of it but once it was up I went with an Duracel AGM from Sam's club for $100. We will see how it lasts but no way would I buy another Optima again.

Excessive battery draw is also a symptom of a bad TIPM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts