JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually going to do this...anybody else wanna tag along. Wifey ain't going to wait on me as she is a fast runner. I need some slower people (fat people like me;)) to keep me motivated.

As a bonus - If you go,you will get a free ticket to the Rolex 24 hour race!

January 29, 2010 Race Day Schedule:

5:30 a.m. - Registration begins
7:00 a.m. - 5K Run
7:05 a.m. - Fun Walk
7:30 a.m. - Kid’s Run
8:10 a.m. - Post Race Party / Awards Ceremony
3:30 p.m. - Rolex 24 At Daytona*

http://www.daytona5k.com/

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
YEARS ago after the firecracker 400 they'd open the gates and allow folks to walk the track..... thats one long assed walk :thefinger:

Of course us kids would head right for turn 1 and climb the banking

Back then there was no: lights,winston tower, long backstretch stands,saferbarriers,paint on the walls, cables on the fence

·
Registered
253 Posts
this picture does not depict fun nor walking. :shaking:

If I remember correctly: The Relay for Life Jeep event was for people that couldn't run- then they made us do the obstacle course... Can we follow the runners in the Jeeps?

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
If I remember correctly: The Relay for Life Jeep event was for people that couldn't run- then they made us do the obstacle course... Can we follow the runners in the Jeeps?
yeah... that's was not cool man :shaking:

LOL! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Jeez guys... still breathing hard after that little:)thefinger:) obstacle course? Me too :beer:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, i guess i'm the only JKO member going.... I'll be sure to scout out the area for JeepBeach then :thefinger:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I looked at that myself. Then remembered we had Monster Truck tickets that night and didn't want to risk wearing down during the day!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at that myself. Then remembered we had Monster Truck tickets that night and didn't want to risk wearing down during the day!
Shoot... I'm going to that! Daytona run in the morning, watch some of the green flag drop for the 24 hour race and stay for a few hours, then go back to Orlando and go to the monster truck show.

Then on Sunday... Go back to Daytona early in the morning for a few hours of the racing and then drive to Miami and go to the probowl football game...I'll get home around 2-3am Monday and be at work at 8AM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts