JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks Phil,
I was looking for a way to cover up that blemish on my dash. Just placed the order.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn Phil, nice price !!!

I'll add that to my Christmas wish list I gave my wife. I put down another thing or two from your site already. :smokin:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
done, perfect place to mount rear view monitor

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I went ahead and got some of the RockReady grab handles while I was ordering again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
gonna order it TODAY...had the clip-on sunglasses on the dash the other day...hit the brakes...sunglasses slid thru the space between the dash and windshield..had a fun time gettin them out!!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EDIT...just found out summit racing carries them..switch panel is $19.99 and upper tray is same price as daystar...REGULAR price...not on sale...awsome!!
Good find. Those prices are hard to beat, but for JkOwners forum members ordering the Upper Panel, Trail Duty will throw in a free pair of 3/4" alloy steel shackles with a 14,000 lb WLL. Simply put a note in the Comments section that you are a JKOwners member. If you've already ordered, just send an email to [email protected] and they will be sent out to you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh Yea, free shackles. :bounce:

Now that is great service.

Thanks Trailduty

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
hell yeah!
email sent, thanks a bunch! :mr-t:

edit: just went to let the dog out and my trailduty parts were sitting there waiting for me!
now THAT'S fast!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awesome deal. Just ordered....

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Just installed mine and can't put my cell in it :bawling:
Nothing to do with Daystar's design and DEFINITELY no fault of trailduty.
It's a Helio/Samsung/Jeep design issue.
On Samsung's slider phones, they use 2 opposing magnets to make the slide 'flick' open or closed and to tell the phone's sensor if it's open or closed.
The sending unit for the Jeep compass is bolted to the bottom that dash panel that you replace. I set my phone in the cubby and the compass goes way wonky. I guess it doesn't like the cell's magnets being that close to it :laughing:
Still a great addition to the jeep - at least I now have a place to keep a pen without digging through the console!
I'll pick up some of that grippy rubber stuff like my tool box is lined with to keep things from sliding around in the cubbies.
Also got an email from trailduty saying my shackles are on the way!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Just installed mine and can't put my cell in it :bawling:
Nothing to do with Daystar's design and DEFINITELY no fault of trailduty.
It's a Helio/Samsung/Jeep design issue.
On Samsung's slider phones, they use 2 opposing magnets to make the slide 'flick' open or closed and to tell the phone's sensor if it's open or closed.
The sending unit for the Jeep compass is bolted to the bottom that dash panel that you replace. I set my phone in the cubby and the compass goes way wonky. I guess it doesn't like the cell's magnets being that close to it :laughing:
Still a great addition to the jeep - at least I now have a place to keep a pen without digging through the console!
I'll pick up some of that grippy rubber stuff like my tool box is lined with to keep things from sliding around in the cubbies.
Also got an email from trailduty saying my shackles are on the way!

Thanks again!
Maybe there is a some electrical engineer or someone smarter than me that can say whether this is a kooky idea or not. But I wonder if something like copper foil tape on the bottom of the Daystar panel would act like a magnetic insulator between your phone and the compass module but still allow the compass to read correctly.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines, a thin sheet of some kind of shielding
just need some fancy megnetologist to tell me what would work best.
Either that or find a few things and some time to experiment.
Maybe some sound deadening material or something might be dense enough to work.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines, a thin sheet of some kind of shielding
just need some fancy megnetologist to tell me what would work best.
Either that or find a few things and some time to experiment.
Maybe some sound deadening material or something might be dense enough to work.
try a small piece of tin foil first:grinpimp:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good find. Those prices are hard to beat, but for JkOwners forum members ordering the Upper Panel, Trail Duty will throw in a free pair of 3/4" alloy steel shackles with a 14,000 lb WLL. Simply put a note in the Comments section that you are a JKOwners member. If you've already ordered, just send an email to [email protected] and they will be sent out to you.
glad I didnt order the ones from summit yet!!

gotta be a redstar member? does being a redstar on regular pirate count?? :D

EDIT...DANG...just realized this is the VENDORS forum..thought it was chit-chat..lemme go edit my last post...didnt mean to block a vendor..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts