JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still having issues with my daystar switches. I need advise on what is the best method or place/location to run the ground wire from the switch to?

Suggestions or photos appreciated! (could not locate info thru searching)

thanks

jp

·
Registered
185 Posts
I grounded mine to the accessory power' points ground wire.(As you are looking at the panel, the accessory one is on your left) Works fine. Ideally it would be best to ground it to bare metal but I didn't see any nearby behind the panel. I'm sorry I don't recall the exact color of the wire at the time. If you are still having trouble I could probably snap a picture of it later and post it up.

*Edit* I'm also using the Daystar switches in the Daystar panel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ran my ground wire under the dash and to one of the places Jeep uses as a ground -- it's on the driver's side right below where you unplug the door harness. I believe there are two bolts/nuts there that are both good to use.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I ran my ground wire under the dash and to one of the places Jeep uses as a ground -- it's on the driver's side right below where you unplug the door harness. I believe there are two bolts/nuts there that are both good to use.
yup, passenger or drivers side kick panel has grounding studs under it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry its taken me awhile to reply, been helping RedX08 with his Jeep some today. Basically, I grounded mine with a scotch lock to the ACC power outlet's ground wire. Also as Doc mentioned and I forgot to, there are several OEM ground points over beneath the door jam. I also got my switched power source there and wired up relays under the hood using that as my switch on for my light relays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts