·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
ummm ok, why do you say that?
I'm very happy with mine and my automatic, is the manual that much different?
have front and rear locker bypass switches and the air horn switch mounted there in carling contura switches

edit
are you talking about the one in this thread?
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272&highlight=carling
theres a pic of one in a manual in this thread
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2020&highlight=carling
looks like the boot may be close, that the problem?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The manual has a stick shift lever right in front of it.

If you have one of them thar automagic thingies...I'll explain....you see, we actually move a lever to manually select our own gears!

This lever is located really close to where the Daystar switch panel goes.

:D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
OK that means you have a clutch pedal also…. You mean I have to move my hand and my foot at the same time??? That’s way too much to even think of.:thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK that means you have a clutch pedal also…. You mean I have to move my hand and my foot at the same time??? That’s way too much to even think of.:thefinger::thefinger:
That's why I have to spit out my gum before I drive.

:D

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
yeah but mine never stalls while crawling a tough section :thefinger::grinpimp:

I looked at the pics in the one of the other threads and the shift boot (I think thats what the rubber thingie at the bottom of the gear changing thangamajig is called:shaking:) looks close but not close enough to be a major problem.
Might just have to be a little pickier about switch selection.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the shifter boot shuts off their switches, I would use other switches but i already CUT THE HOLES!!!!!!! :pissed:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wrote to [email protected] told them I liked their product, but explained my delima and suguested they make a version for the top cover, No reply .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got pix????

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Guess I'm screwed. I haven't installed my ARB's yet, but got this thing to hold the switches.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
yeah wasted some money on this too:pissed:. nothing like going to first and third gear and turning your lockers off. I moved my switches to the spot where they put the power window switches between the vents
So now you can't have the windows down? :laughing:

Totally kidding around....That looks fantastic. Looks like a really professional job, and located there- they look so much easier to access than even the OEM switches for the lockers, sway bar disconnect, and hazard. Great idea!

·
Registered
720 Posts
So now you can't have the windows down? :laughing:

Totally kidding around....That looks fantastic. Looks like a really professional job, and located there- they look so much easier to access than even the OEM switches for the lockers, sway bar disconnect, and hazard. Great idea!
Thanks, but the one is a little crooked the saw wanted to go one way while I wanted to go another.:shaking:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Passenger can always tilt their head to the left if it bothers them too much. Still looks great.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Even on the automatic the left most switch can get bumped "on" by your hand when shifting the transfer case back into 2WD. The work-around to the problem is to assign the switch that can get bumped to something with no side affects. I have mine hooked up to my winch interrupt, so turning it on monentarily won't really affect anything.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts